Anyone famililar w/ CMMG for AR's?

shooter_john

I was looking at some CMMG AR parts on gunbroker, and they seem to pretty good, most of their stuff appears to be mil spec, but I have never heard of them. If anyone has dealt with them or their products please let me know, I am very interested in their AR complete pistol lowers for a build project.
Thanks!
http://www.cmmginc.com/

281 Quad Cam

I've got one of their uppers... For what thats worth to you.
16" m4 profile, 5.56 chamber, chrome bore, 1:7, T markings, all that... Complete upper/bolt/carrier assembly.

On AR15.com they seem to have a good reputation as a dependable manufacturer. Nobody ever says anything bad about them... CMMG is typically very friendly, and will provide excellent and personal customer service.

A friend of mine has a CMMG lower. It's trigger is better than my PWA lower's. However he has KNS anti-roll pins installed.

My CMMG stuff.
pieces.jpg

AR1.jpg

shooter_john

Thanks Quad Cam... I haven't found anything bad about them either, I think I've found my next purchase.
And you have quite a nice looking AR too might I add... I'm jealous of the Trijicon!

281 Quad Cam

I'm jealous of the Trijicon!

Don't be, its not real :eek:

It's one from Jackyxx(or something) on the AR15.com equipment exchange... Caused something of a stir on arfcom. I was in absolutely no danger of EVER paying what a real ACOG costs. Soon,however I will likely buy a genuine Aimpoint for use should the zombies come looking for brains. :p

shooter_john

Is it one of those 1x red dot's like Bushnell is making now? I really like the looks and features of the ACOG's but as you mentioned, the pricetag kills me. I went with EOTech on my M4, but it will probaly go to my AR pistol when I get it built. The M4 will be left with the good ole iron's!

281 Quad Cam

Is it one of those 1x red dot's like Bushnell is making now? I really like the looks and features of the ACOG's but as you mentioned, the pricetag kills me.

No, it has a similiar internal design to the 4x32 TA01NSN. One side of the reticle even gets a tiny bit blurry - just as does the real Trijicon ACOG because of the prism's position. This one is also a 4x with a BDC. (I think corrected for a 62gr from a 16 inch) This one is actually a rifle scope, not a pot-metal airsoft clone.

What seperates it from a real Trijicon are...
Glass quality - surprisingly good, but not $1300 good...
Illumination - This has none. The real TA01NSN has tritium.
Durability - This is safely assumed... But nobody's done the torture test on this clone yet.

Here is a shot of the reticle...
facogreticle2.jpg

shooter_john

I kinda like it...

That is a rather intriguing clone, I must say i'd liek to get a hold of one and try it out. For $160, I might have to try one out soon! Have you had good reliability and has it held zero well?
Thanks for the help, and by the way if anyone else is interested, I posted the link below.
www.1337tactical.com

Gazpacho

CMMG is a top notch dealer. Their prices are slightly above average, but really a bargain when you see what you have actually bought. The upper and parts I have brought from them fit and function well even when mixed with other quality brands (Colt, Bushmaster and DPMS in my experience)