Anyone Familiar With Wenol Metal Polish?

Single Six

At the gun show this weekend I picked up a new [to me] metal polish called Wenol. I've been using Flitz for years, mainly for removing fouling from revolver cylinder faces, and also for polishing up most of my stainless firearms. Has anyone here ever used Wenol for these same purposes, and if so, what were your impressions? As good as Flitz? Better? I'm asking because it may be a while before I get to try it, and if you guys think I've wasted my $ here, I can still get a full refund. Any responses appreciated as always.

Single Six

Hmm....judging by the deafening silence, I guess no one else has heard of it either. Oh, well. For what it's worth, I actually did get a chance to mess around with it last night...I was not impressed.:(

7jinxed7

I have used it in the past. But thats been oh....10 to 13 years ago. I picked a tube up at a local car show years ago. I use to have a blue tube of it for polishing aluminum wheels on my car. For that purpose and polishing other metals it's very easy to use and very effect. It was the best metal polish i have used in those days haven't really needed any since cars don't really need polishing these days. I would definitely use it again if needed and if the formula is the same. As long as it hasn't changed it was a soft non abrasive polish that was easy to buff off and seemed to be very effective with little elbow grease,but this was years ago. I don't know if it has changed since then or not. The one in the link is the one i used. As far as the flitz i can't compare since i've never used it.
http://www.wenolit.com/autowenol2.html

Last edited:

TennJed

Never tried wenol but have had great sucess with mothers mag polish on my single six and blackhawks