Anyone else try Miltech-1?

BGutzman

A few weeks ago I tried Miltech-1 on my beloved Sig P220 and to me it seems to hands down beat CLP and a the wide variety of lube I have tried from other companys. Everything just seems to work better......

Has anyone else tried the stuff and what was your experience? Why havent I heard of this stuff before?

Im including the link just in case anyone is interested. http://http://www.militec1.com/

BGutzman

It seems maybe not a lot of people have heard of it. But man I like this stuff.. I know people get hung on this thing or that thing but nothing ever really seemed worlds apart from the rest. Im just impressed.

KyJim

I use it on a Wilson Combat 1911 I bought in pristine, used condition. The previous owner used it and said it worked great and it has. For most of my shooting needs, however, I use Mobil 1.

Jimmy10mm

Darn it ! Something else I'm going to have to spend money on. :p That link was dead, here it is again. Is it the Militec grease that you use ? I've been using Tetra gun for greasing slides etcetera and R.I.G. for a rust protector.

MadHatter1

I first found MilTech during my 2004-05 deployment, and used it again during my '05-'07 tour. A little bit goes a long way, lubes great, and is worked into the metal, so its really a 'dry' lube that wont attract dust or grit. Its a great product
By the time I deployed again in '09-10, I had discovered DSX products, very similar to MilTech, but a little smoother and seemed to last a bit longer

gwnorth

It's pretty much all I've used for several years now, both the oil and the grease. Lately I've just been using the oil. It lasts a very long time without evaporating and it's easier to wipe clean and relube with the oil then grease. My P226 has about 2k rounds with only the oil, and it shows almost no frame or slide rail wear at all.

Oh, and it is "militec"

bald1

Been using Miltec-1 for well over a decade. Have played with some other stuff but nothing tops it.

JohnO

Can't remember how many years I've been using it, but have used nothing but since first trying. Great stuff.

BGutzman

I think what blew me away was for once I was able to feel a result immediately... just went from ok to smooth as glass.

Im sure everyone has there favorites but until I find something better this is the stuff.... It also doesnt hurt that these guys send this stuff to our troops for free, but thats the icing on the cake.