anyone else a Daewoo fan?

ronl

Daewoo's are excellent rifles, but parts are pretty pricey, and often hard to get. I also own a K2, but don't shoot it much.

Tucker 1371

I definitely like them and the AR18 and would own one if I had the cash. Never had the opportunity to shoot one though.

kozak6

I want to like them, but they are disappointingly expensive. It's a piston AR before it was cool. And done right, even.

I wonder why they haven't been imported in decades. It's compatible with some AR parts so 922r isn't too bad.

peggysue

My South Korean Daewoo DR200 I got way back in 1996. Came with a thumbhole stock. Modified since than with an ACE folding stock, compliance parts, 90 degree safety and low profile rail.
It is a attractive .223 cal. that is a blend of a AR-AK, and FAL

627679d1389519523-glimpse-my-little-collection-daewoo-dr200.jpg

DMK

I've always thought they were interesting rifles, but never owned one. I've never even seen one locally.

There's a cool review here:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMdBnjeQIB8

It is a attractive .223 cal. that is a blend of a AR-AK, and FAL
I agree about the AR and FAL influence, but I don't see any AK in the rifle. I guess the front does look a bit like a Galil, but that came from the FAL influence on that gun.

Last edited:

RiponP90

I want one so bad. I'm not sure what I good price on one would be but I love collecting and these are something I have to add to my collection someday. I am also a fan of bizarre guns so even if it is common, if it looks weird, I'll buy it!

AR-100 (K2) owner here. Love mine; have had it since about '85 or so and it's been absolutely reliable every day.

So far the only mods are a 90-degree selector, a low profile rail and (since I didn't care for the abbreviated fore-arm) an FAL/L1A1 fore-arm. Extremely simple to do, just notch out enough room for the front swivel and fold back the excess metal and it fits like a glove. It'll do until I get a true railed fore-end.

kcub

I want one so bad. I'm not sure what I good price on one would be but I love collecting and these are something I have to add to my collection someday. I am also a fan of bizarre guns so even if it is common, if it looks weird, I'll buy it!

see post #1

I think Daewoo has other divisions not listed in the posts above. I'm not sure about the corporate structure, but it seems to be nearly as prolific as Hitachi.

You can find the best prices in Tepito Market:)

barnbwt

I thought Daewoo only made cars... learn something everyday I guess.
I'm pretty sure that Daewoo and Samsung together own about 90% of the Korean economy at this point; very much like the big mega-corps of Japan, in that they are so intermingled with politics & culture as to nearly be a part of the nation itself. A family member worked for Samsung at one time & visited the mother ship, and told me the company is a national symbol very much like a branch of public service and a huge source of pride in general (kind of a weird perspective for an American, but it explains why the Asian semi-capitalist planned economies are so ambitious)

TCB

kozak6

Yeah, Daewoo makes pistols too. They have a real interesting "triple action" trigger. Surplus pistols used to be SUPER cheap. Now Lionheart is importing them and gussying them up, and they cost bucks.