Anyone Concerned With QC Issues Coming Up?

Dragline45

I was speaking to an older gentleman at the gun shop today and he was saying every time there is a gun or ammo shortage, gun and ammo companies pump out as much guns and ammo as fast as they can to keep up with demand, and as a result they lack on quality control.

It makes a whole lot of sense, but can anyone else back this up? Also would this deter you from buying any guns or ammo hot off the press. He went on to say that during times like these you will hear more instances of ammunition companies double charging their loads due to shotty QC. If this is the case it seems like now would be a better time than ever to start reloading.

shootniron

It might be so, but I have not really noticed it. However, the overall quality of guns and rifles in particular seems to have suffered in the last several years as companies have moved to the "value" models...with a few exceptions.JMO

Dragline45

However, the overall quality of guns and rifles in particular seems to have suffered in the last several years as companies have moved to the "value" models...with a few exceptions.JMO

No arguing there. I got a Sig 232 recently to replace the Walther PPK I gave my father and was disgusted with the lack of detail to fit and finish on the Sig. It was covered in tooling marks internally and externally. The fit and finish on the cheaper PPK was a hell of alot better than the Sig. Really left a bad taste in my mouth for Sig Sauer's.

Auto426

The majority of firearms companies out there have been running at full production for the last few years. Now is no different. I would think by now most would have figured out how to implement the necessary QC checks and keep production levels up.

Dragline45

The majority of firearms companies out there have been running at full production for the last few years. Now is no different. I would think by now most would have figured out how to implement the necessary QC checks and keep production levels up.

Very good point, and I think you are correct with that.