Anybody Use Zero JHP bullets?

rc

I am interested in the zero bullet line. I read they are plated rather than true jacketed. I am particularly interested in the 125 and 147 grain JHP versions in 9mm.

zplinker

They are excellent bullets, and are jacketed. The 25 gr. 9's also expand well when run over 1100 fps. Only problems I've had with them, is getting them. Your LGS should be able to set up an account with Zero, and get deliveries faster than waiting for Rozedist, but even then, my last order took just under a year to arrive. Their 185 gr. .45 hp's are also great bullets, one a target version, the other that expands. Another good source you might check, is RMR, and last time I checked, they actually had 9 hp's in stock.

MarkCO

Zeros are jacketed. Good bullets. Don't be confused though, they are a target bullet, not a self defense bullet.

X-Treme makes a plated HP target bullet and they offer a jacketed self defense bullet as well.

Radny97

I have. They’re great. But I placed and order with them in mid 2020. More than a year and a half later and I’m still waiting. I’ve called several times and I’m still in the queue. But still no bullets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zplinker

As I mentioned, they make two distinctly different versions of the 185 gr. .45 hp bullet, but the only 125 gr. 9mm hp I've seen from them expands very reliably. They aren't Gold Dots, but not priced that way either. Line up a few gallon jugs of water (poor man's ballistic gel)...they work.

thump_rrr

They’re jacketed and expand reliably even at .45ACP velocities.
Their 38SPL bullets have an exposed lead hollow point.
No issues loading them to 357 Magnum velocities.

Last edited: