Anybody test 180gr. Berry's HP in .40S&W?

Dave R

I have shot about 1k of these through a Sub 2000, Charter Pitbull and G27. Never did any expansion testing, though. Just curious whether this design will expand? Anyone try it?

BDS-THR

The current Berry's HP bullets will deform rather than expand.

Berry's MFG is working on releasing their new "expanding" HP bullets but the launch has been delayed. And with the current shortage, not sure when they will be available. Hopefully soon.

New-HP_md.jpg

Ruger45LC

Probably a very accurate bullet, a lot of times the hollow point isn't so much for expansion as it is for accuracy. As mentioned, don't expect mushrooming expansion, but rather deformation. It kind of reminds me of my 180gr Montana Gold JHP bullets. Yes they will expand sort of, but not very well. They either deform or if pushed too fast just break apart.

David Bachelder

I loaded some Berry's hollow points up for my 9mm. The bullets shoot great and I never had a problem. I did recover one and the bullet did not expand at all. It was almost in the same shape it was before I shot it, no change except for stained and rifling marks. This bullet was fired into a very soft stump. There was a plug of wood stuck in the bullets nose (cavity).