Anybody shoot the Monarch 45 cal in Steel?

jmhyer

It's been a while, but I'm certain I previously shot a couple hundred rounds of it. As I recall, it worked fine in my XDm 4.5" and in my Springfield Loaded 1911.

pblanc

Not the .45 ACP. I did try a couple of boxes of the 9mm Pb steel case ammo in my Beretta 92FS. This pistol has a pretty light reduced power mainspring in it. I did have a couple of light strikes with the 9mm but they always went bang on the second try. My Beretta has not had light strikes with any factory 9 mm brass ammo, however, so the primers on these rounds might not have been the best.

Otherwise it seemed to cause no troubles. Fed and ejected fine. I don't recall how dirty it was or wasn't.

gunnny12

I had the same light strikes on CCI in the 44 Mag also.

I know why, if you look at the rim a tad thinner then the 44 mag Rem, and win cases.;)

Thanks I have them already no reloading these I guess.

Mostly for loaded mags and all.

Jeff

snowman748

Monarch 45 ACP

I've shot steel case Monarch in a H&K USP Compact and a XD45 Compact without issue however I've seen some failures to feed Monarch and Tula steel in a few 1911s (Metro Arms, Rock Island, Kimber, Springfield GI) my old one included...

I've also hear Monarch steel shoots great in the M&P series and Glock pistols also...