Anybody purchased the 8 round Promag Kahr mags from CDNN?

mini14jac

I think the 8 round mags would be good to leave loaded in the glovebox of our vehicles, as an emergency reload for the Kahr.
(Yes, I carry a Kahr in the car.)
I like the $10 price.

Has anybody tried these, or am I going to be the first?

Kentucky Rifle

Mini...

Did you look at the shipping charges from CDNN? I was ordering a couple of magazines from them and when they told me what the shipping charge would be, I told them to forget the order. I was put off by that. (LOTS!)

KR

Walt Sherrill

Don't have any experience with their Kahr mags, sorry...

But, I've bought a lot of magazines (and other things) from CDNN.

The secret is to buy a bunch of stuff at one time, then the flat shipping charge is more palatable.

If you're buying just one mag, and nothing else, forget it.

mini14jac

Thanks for the replies.
CDNNs shipping is no worse than Cheaper Than Dirt, or Sportsman's Guide.
I have ordered from them several times before, and their customer service is great.

And yes, the secret is to order several things, then the shipping is not so bad.

riddleofsteel

The only ones I can tell you about are the mags for the K40 Kahr. I bought two of them. The only ammo I could get to function was 155 grain or 180 grain FMJ. Any other ammo would jam up in the mag. 165 grain Golden Sabers would hang up in the tube and I had to take the mag apart to push them out. Promag sent me two replacements, same crap with them. I eventually called them and got my money back.

Save your money and get Kahr factory mags. Less aggravation and you can count on them.

cor-man

I have 2, the 8rnd and 10rdn AND THEY STINK!

I recommend never buying them, and God forbid using them in a defensive gun.

fill the mag to the max and the spring buckles under itself letting the rounds roll around like there were no spring.

I'll now only use kahr mags; and some of them have their own flaw like the round at the top can slip out (when not in the gun of course) some of my kahr mags worse than others of the ones on that problem. but mostly my karh mags seem reliable.

mini14jac

Thanks guys.
That is the kind of info I was looking for.
Guess I'll start watching the auction boards for Kahr mags. :(

Shawn3879

Like kd1 said, try www.fourfourmag.com . A buddy and I ordered 5 each and got a really big discount and they are great mags!! Seem to be every bit the quality of factory for at least half the price. Check em' out! :cool:

mini14jac

I guess that is typical of aftermarket mags.
The ones that fourfourmag are selling are the same ones that CDNN is selling. Promag.

So I can order them cheaper from CDNN, and if they don't work, I am only out shipping both ways.

I'll probably wait on factory mags.