Anybody know anything about the Colt Light Rifle?

patrickt66

I know that it is based on the Ultralight Arms custom design. I special ordered one in .270 almost two years ago when I first heard about them. It didn't require a deposite so I kind of forgot about it. Today I received a notification in the mail that it has finally come in. I can have it if I want it but now I don't know because I bought a Remington Model Seven .308 in the mean time.

MADISON

Colt Rifle Recall

In the January/February issue of American Handguner there is
an article on the on the recall of "the lite rifle. Something about the bolt not cocking.

Trevor

FWIW:

Colt's Recalls Light Rifle
West Hartford, Conn.—September 1, 2000.
Colt’s Manufacturing Company in conjunction with Colt Rifles Inc announced today a recall of its new Colt Light Rifle (Model CLR3064SRBL - .30-06 caliber only) citing a potential safety problem with the bolt assembly. More specifically, in some rifles, the firing pin may fail to cock and may rest on the primer of a cartridge in the chamber. As a result, the rifle may fail to fire or fire unexpectedly. According to Lynn Lowder, Colt’s Chief Operating Officer, "While we do not believe this to be a pervasive problem, we are being duly cautious to ensure that all rifles are returned for evaluation and repair or replacement as necessary." Colt’s is requesting its distributors and dealers who have received the rifles to return them immediately as instructed in the Product Recall Notice. The dealers are also being requested to provide Colt’s with information about end users who have already taken possession of their rifles. Colt’s will evaluate and repair each rifle as necessary as part of its Lifetime Service Agreement. "We are requesting our customers to neither use the rifle nor make no attempt to diagnose or repair the problem. Instead, they should promptly contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-962-COLT (2658) for return instructions. Although we have received no reports of personal injury or property damage, safety is our number one concern." said David Johnson, Director of Engineering. Representatives of Colt’s met with staff at its former Saco Defense, now General Dynamics Armament Division, to discuss product modifications as this is where the rifle is manufactured. Colt’s is confident that the appropriate modifications will be made and rifle shipments of other calibers will commence shortly.

This is from Colt's website.