Anybody have experiance with CCI CB's?

Housezealot

I tried a box of CB's this morning and I could not even hit my target with my S&W 48 (a gun that I normally can drive tacks with) the shots were coming in real low, I went into the house and grabbed a milk jug filled with water.
from about 12-15 yards my shots were 4-6 inches low and a few didn't even make it all the way throught the jug. I have shot low velocity rounds before but have never seen perfomance like this. Did I get a bad batch?
thanks for any input.

Pahoo

Yes, I have shot them and I understand that these are CB's rather than CB-Longs. Folks have had problems with the CB's as there is not enough power to provide good performance. In fact, I have been told that they may not even clear the barrel in some rifles. The CB-Long work better. Have to admit that I am still working on the original box of CB-Longs, I bought about a year ago. The dealer I bought them from, would not recommend the CB's but rather the CB-Longs. I tried them both before I settled on the CB-Longs ..

Be Safe !!!

Doyle

I use them all the time for shooting tree rats around the house. At 20 yds or less, they hit to about the same point of aim as my regular rounds (with a bolt action rifle). The shorts and longs both produce the same velocity with the same weight bullet.

hoytinak

I use CB shorts all the time around the house for skunks and what not. I mainly use them in the Remington pump but I've also used them in the lever action without problems. I'll use them for shots under 25yrds, I've used them a little futher but have found that I have to hit a skunk with 2-3 of them to kill it as they just don't have the power out at the further ranges.

Housezealot

wow, I must have gotten a bad box, there is no way I could see killing anything with these without a reload (not the most humane method) or a lot of luck. I have had better penetration with little acorn ball rounds.

Doyle

You are also shooting them out of a pistol which is going to cost you velocity that you can't afford to lose.

Housezealot

CCI just emailed me back and they want the batch number, it will be intresting to hear what they tell me, on the plus side they got back with me in under an hour.

Housezealot

You are also shooting them out of a pistol which is going to cost you velocity that you can't afford to lose.
on top of that its a revolver. but still an 8 inch barrel at less than 15 yards....

Out of my S&W 18 (4" bbl), they shoot to point of aim at 7-10 yards. After that, they start dropping quite a bit. It's a combination of short barrel and low velocity.

Housezealot

well yesterday I opened CCI's email requesting the batch number, I hit reply and sent them the batch number, I then received a condescending email telling me that they don't save emails and have no idea why I am sending them a batch number:confused: so we'll see what they have to tell me.

Avenger

I used some in my Dad's Remington 514, popping grackles and non-native birds off the back porch. I used an entire box of 100, and brought down ONE bird out of perhaps 60 that I am SURE I hit. Body shots just would NOT penetrate, the one kill I had the bird was facing away, and I hit him in the base of the neck. It didn't penetrate, but delivered up enough energy to snap his neck.

Very frustrating to SEE feathers and dust poof up from a bird that then zooms away laughing.