Anybody have a pic of a CZ-75 with a CHROME slide??

caz223

I'm toying with hard-chroming the slide on my CZ-75 and/or SIG 2340 to match the two-tone 'look' of my H&K usp compact.
I know the 'correct' look for factory two-tone for the CZ75 is black slide, chrome frame, but I don't really like that look.
The 2340 would look like any other two-tone sig.
Funnier yet, chroming my G20 slide!!!!
I don't hear the glock calling out to me to chrome it, because it would look too much like a KAHR. (Imagine a 10mm kahr!) Not that there's anything wrong with that.
I like the stock sights on my CZ-75, but gotta upgrade to adjustables when I get my bar-sto barrel for it.
The stock nights on my 2340 could be a little brighter, but they're ok for now.
My G20 sights are an abomination, and must be switched, but I really don't shoot it that much.
Still thinking about the chromed slide CZ-75.
Anybody make good night sights for a CZ-75??

Cee-Zed

"I like the stock sights on my CZ-75, but gotta upgrade to adjustables when I get my bar-sto barrel for it."

Just curious. Since you handload, why?

Walt Sherrill

If you're going to the trouble of chroming the slide, why not chrome the frame, too? Not the look you were after, but probably a far, far better thing you'll do...

Chroming the slide is mostly cosmetic. Chroming the frame can give you a "slicker" gun... the chrome helps the inner workings. If it was smooth before, it'll be smoother afterwards.

Hakan

I've never seen a CZ the way you describe it...it woulsd be a interesting one.

I also agree with Walt though...

Here is a little peek of what he is talking about:)

Attachments

• czanniversary1.jpg
    czanniversary1.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 262

Cee-Zed

Theoretically, chroming the trigger group IS a "trigger job." It will definitely smooth it out considerably.

Seriously, do you not handload 9mm?

caz223

I just can't get the groups with 9mm, I have 2 CZs, and a smith 5904, and they just don't group.
I have tried many, many different kinds of ammo, reloaded more than a little, tried many combinations of gold dot, ranier, hornady, blue dot, HS7, HS6, unique, bullseye, etc.
Different brands of brass. Loaded to different OALs.
Just can't find anything consistant, so I gotta assume it's my guns.
Time to customize.
I shoot 357SIG, 10mm, and .45 ACP just fine, and am capable of 2-3" groups offhand at 25 yards, but with 9mm, I'm at 4"-6", which is just not acceptable.
I want to shoot 9mm at 50 yards, like the rest of my guns.
I can't give up, it's not in my nature.
I really like these guns, the CZs point so well, and shoot so naturally it's mystifying why they don't group well for me.

Cee-Zed

Do your factory test targets from CZ-UB show a bad group at 25m? Do they show any particular tendencies?

My CZ 9mms (3 of them) group best with 124gr loads in excess of 1150 fps. 115gr loads must go about 1200 fps to shoot to POA; otherwise, they are consistently low at 25m.

Hopefully, Stephen Camp will see this and have a few suggestions. I have found his load data very useful. Private mail me if you are interested, and I will send you some data tomorrow. I am about to pass out from my Benadryl!

caz223

The test targets don't appear to have anything to do with actual performance.
The sights are dead on, and it shoots to point of aim.
I just can't group with it.

monkeywithfire

caz

What size of target do you shoot at 50 Yards with your handguns?

Do you shoot at human silhouettes?

The NRA slow fire pistol targets I shoot at look pretty darned small at 50feet. 50 yards being 3 times that distance and equal to half the length of a football field the targets would be smaller than the front sight on most pistols. I don't doubt your ability Its just that I haven't seen the guns you mention shoot that well from a bench, let alone off hand.

I've seen increadible shots like Bob Munden's 100 yard balloon shot with a snubbie 38 so I know it can be done.

My CZ test target is from 21 meters not 25 yards and it has a <4 inch group and that is from a rest.

If you want good accuracy at a those ranges from a 9mm a carbine might be in order.

Cee-Zed

They're not fired from a true rest. They're fired more or less free-hand in a sort of rudimentary V notch. In his guntalkradio.com interview, Martin Brodson discusses the test targets. Apparently, 3-4 gents fire handguns day, except for a lunch break. I have noticed that my 75B Mil groups the worst for me, but it was tested at 08:09. It has the best group! My SA, which groups amazingly well for me, has a fairly poor test target. The time? 15:23. Factor in that most Czechs drink beer at lunch, and well, you get the idea...

caz223

I shoot paper plates at 50 yards.
Once you know where your gun hits, it works fine.
The CZ can't even keep all the bullets on the plate at 25 yards, much less 50.
My H&K, and my SIG 2340 have no problem keeping my shots on a 9" paper plate from offhand at 50 yards.
My red dot equipped .41 magnums have no problem at 70 yards offhand, but drop off the plate if taken any further back.
The dot covers the entire target, so it's not easy.
I have never been accurate with a pistol at 100 yards.
My rifle is for 100-200 yards, but it has a 24x scope.