Anybody have a Glock 18?

ET.

I just bought the 2011 Glock buyers guide. The magazine lists all of the standard Glocks that I am aware of, but in the back it lists the Glock 18, which it describes as a "machine pistol". It is a 9mm caliber pistol with a lever that you use to select either semi or full auto mode. The rate of fire is 1200 per minute (that's 20 per second :eek:) How did I not know about this?

Evidently these machine pistols are for LEO use only here in the USA, but I have not encountered any LEOs who carry this weapon or even discuss it. I wonder if a collector could legally possess on of these pistols. I really want one badly!!!!

mbott

Glock will only sell the 18 to a LE agency. If a dealer has one, it's because it came back from an agency for whatever reason. To the best of my knowledge, these are all post-86 and are not transferable to individuals/collectors.

--
Mike

Last edited:

Mal H

Staff
Those questions are best answered in the NFA Guns and Gear forum - and as if by magic, that's where we are now!

Willie Lowman

The chief of police in my home town has one of those for a "belt trophy."

My NFA dealer is currently waiting on a FA parts kit to convert his G34 to a post '86 sample. He has a manufacturer's license, 07/02 I think it is called.

I'll let you know all about it when it gets put together and I shoot it. :cool:

ET.

Sounds like I'll never have one. Heck sounds like I'll never even get to shoot one. I'm envious that you'll get the chance to. Oh well...

chasep255

I think a better question would be if anyone does have a transferable Glock 18 then how much would it be worth?

fireman1291

Its not transferable. It was made after 1986. A dealer can get one on a demo letter, and a LE agency can get one but thats it. Its a neat gun.

rsh32crew

correct me if I am wrong but I believe the G18 and one other model glock were the only "machine pistols" they released.

MrM4

There are ZERO Full Auto Glocks in the NFA Registery.

I have fired multi post sample Glocks made from G19 & G17s. They are pretty useless for most things. Like any subgun with a high rate fo fire the trigger control is the very important if you want to hit any targets.

silvercorvette

There are ZERO Full Auto Glocks in the NFA Registery.

I have fired multi post sample Glocks made from G19 & G17s. They are pretty useless for most things. Like any subgun with a high rate fo fire the trigger control is the very important if you want to hit any targets.

Have you shot an Uzi, and if you have am I correct in believing the Uzi would be easier to control?

deadcoyote

We ogot to shoot one at a patrol carbine class my work sent us to. It was pretty fun. the instructor said it best: "these weapons are pretty much useless unless you plan on getting in a gunfight in a phone-booth". they were a hoot to shoot but if your gonna carry it with the 33 round mags you might as well get an MP5 with the shorty (k?) grip/barrel setup. I'm no kind of secret squirrel SWAT guy or anything like that so those of you who are may disagree.

gyvel

I have shot one. They are a blast.Very easy to control.

Likewise, at one of our local machine gun shoots, a converted Glock appeared, complete with 33 round mags. It was easy to control and a real hoot to fire.

Willie Lowman

Have you shot an Uzi, and if you have am I correct in believing the Uzi would be easier to control?

Yes. I owned one. I haven't shot a G18 yet but the Uzi runs slower, weighs several pounds more, It has a longer sight radius, and a shoulder stock... Looks like everything is coming up Uzi.

shooter_john

They are quite fun to shoot, but not all that useful. Three minutes to load the mag, three seconds to dump it... Load, dump, repeat!

My LEA owns three of them, and they are issued to the shield guys on the tac team. A lot of firepower in a one-handed hurry, and they actually are not that bad to control in short burst.

David Hineline

UZI is a fine gun, but you can't carry it on your hip holster, and where ya gonna put it when it's not time to shoot, but time to put on handcuffs?