Anybody got plans for building a "presentation" case for a BP revolver?

DG45

Has anybody built a case like this for yourself? Got the plans? If its not too difficult and can be done by someone without a lot of power tools, I'd like to build one of my own, not for presentation, but just to keep the gun and all its special paraphenalia in.

I like the standard style cases where there'a a place for:

1. the gun

2. an old fashioned powder flask

3. a round tin of percussion caps

4. about 12-18 round .375 or .380 balls

5. a press

But, if possible, I'd like a little bit bigger case than average, and would like to add a place for:

6. a couple of extra cylinders

7. Maybe one more compartment for sundries.

If you know where there are any plans, magazine articles on doing this, etc., etc., I'd appreciate hearing about it. Thanks in advance for any and all help anyone can provide. DG

Rifleman1776

There are several websites that sell and give away plans for many projects.
It wouldn't surprise me if you could find plans for your box with only about ten minutes searching.

aarondhgraham

You can't make it this cheap,,,

From Cabela's,,,
Click here please.

It doesn't have the separations you wanted,,,
But the foam under the cloth adapts to whatever you put in it.

And the pistol/stuff doesn't slide around in the box.

Aarond

DaleA

I was going to say this would be a great project because you can save yourself a LOT of money. (My experience has been the wood presentation cases are VERY expensive.) Then Aaron shows me where they can be had for under $30 at Cabela's. This is a great deal.

If you like working with wood and have a router, table saw, and sander then build your own. I think it's a little like reloading, you need to enjoy the process or it is not worth it. Be advised you can get hooked on wood working and drop a lot of time and money into that hobby too. (oooo...look! Carbide router bits and saw blades on sale!)

aarondhgraham

DaleA is correct,,,

Be advised you can get hooked on wood working and drop a lot of time and money into that hobby too. (oooo...look! Carbide router bits and saw blades on sale!)

That dang Harbor Freight catalog costs me almost as much money as the ones from Cabela's. :eek:

Aarond

DG45

I appreciate all the responses. Thanks to all.

That is definitely an unbeatable price Cabelas got on their presentation case aarondhgraham, and its a nice case too, but I think I'm going to tackle this myself and do it without power tools if I can.

I've got these tools: A B&D Workmate bench, a hobby mitre box, a gents saw, a hammer, a hand drill/screwdriver, and a few small clamps and brushes. (I have a Dremel tool and attachments if I need them.)

If I do it myself, I can get exactly what I want, which is something like a cherry or walnut case with old-fashioned type brass corner fittings and a brass plaque on top, and with room inside for a couple of extra cylinders in addition to all the other stuff thats necessary for BP shooting.