Anybody give me any info??

john1911

I bought a Colt Trooper MKIII today. It's .357 with a 4" bbl. Gun looks to be in excellent condition. A faint cylinder ring and a little blueing wear near the muzzle. No endshake or movement of the cylinder when locked up. One small scratch on the frame below the cylinder on the left side. Screws look good.

Serial # L962xx

Anybody know anything about this? How much should I have paid? Anyone turn me on to some factory grips or an owner's manual? Looks like it's wearing some Hogue grips now.

I'll try to post some pics when I pick it up Thursday.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

bigbird34

Colt trooper Mark-3

I had one of these years ago,I bought it used from a friend,mine was Nickel plated with a 6" barrel,and I had combat grips for it ,back in the early 80's I think I paid App.$200.00 to $250.00(maybe less ???) for the gun,with holster speed loaders etc....I finally sold it in the mid 1980's ....it was a good gun ,I just needed cash at the time....BB34

Chesster

I have seen them on Gunbroker for around 350. A pair of excellent factory grips on Ebay recently went for about 50 bucks, which is about a third of what a pair for a Python goes for.

clayking

There's a guy on gunbroker who sells " looks like new" manuals for colts for about ten bucks or so.

I own two Trooper V's (4 & 6") and they are great guns, quite accurate. I like my Colts better than any other revolver in my collection, be they Smith's, Taurus, Rugers, or Dan Wesson's....................ck

obxned

I owned a couple of Trooper Mark IIIs - one of the best revolvers I have ever owned. Too bad I had to sell them. Might just have to get another.

john1911

A couple of pictures. Sorry about the poor photography :eek:.

newcolt1.jpg

newcolt2.jpg