anybody else shoot the P-38/P-1s???

jar

I love shooting my old P-38. It's as tight today as when it was first made back in 1941 (That makes it even older than me;)). And when you bring it out at a range you're immediately swamped by the folks that want to try it.

standard.jpg

9mmepiphany

i have one made in '44, byf code (mauser?) which i got from an uncle with the matching holster and extra mag...it was my first DA pistol (i even had a pancake holster made for it)...and i like to look and fondle it.

it has a horendous trigger pull and has always shot low for me.

did you have your's nickled or is that the "martz" white finish?

StuporDave

I've got a P1 I bought many moons ago at a gun show. Saw it and had to have it. I don't know why:)

I shoot it fairly regularly and it performs well if I do my part. Gotta agree on the crappy DA trigger pull, but the SA pull isn't too bad.

You're right, it is an attention getter at the range. More different people have shot it than any of my other guns!:)

Dave

jar

I'm sorry to hear about your trigger pull problems. Mine's almost as nice as a revolver.

rballi

Here is a pic of my P shooter. (Post War p38 Ulm/Do) Notice the slide work; there is also some engraving on the top of the slide and the barrel.

MVC-002F3.JPG

Last edited: