Anybody CCW the CZ75 full size all steel pistol?

dawgfvr

I'm considering a 9mm. I really thoght about the Browning Hi-Power...but I favor DA and I like the improvements CZ has made since the 1935 final masterpiece. I like the all steel concept...no more plastic or lighter metal conglomerations for me. I also like the longer barrel which will give the 9mm a better chance to expand than the shorter barrels. I'm presently carrying a GP100 revolver so I'm not all that particular about weight. I actually prefer the idea of the larger, heavier pistol.

So...who carries the full size CZ75. Requesting feedback on your experience and type holster.

Elvishead

Nice shooting gun.

If I was going against an armed robber. That would be the Semi's of my choice. Mainly because of the longer barrel and the steeper barrel rifling ratio. Can you say "Head shot's"

Besides my S&W .357 5" Revolver, and my Taurus .357 4" revolver, the CZ75 is the most accurate gun I own.

One complaint. I don't like the wide hard plastic grip plates. And those are going away for the new improved CZ75 Rubber grip plates with top grooves.

dawgfvr

Yes...I have heard that the grips are a bit big, and, since I have fairly small hands, I would imagine that after market grips would be the first item to be replaced. That and some rubber bumpers on the mags. Can you think of any other changes needed? How bout a holster? I have a good belt...thinking a good OWB would be the ticket. Here in Washington State, it is usually jacket weather of some type and material 3/4 of the year.

Charlie218

I carry the CZ75 BD in a Galco Combat Master holster. This has been my full time year around carry for a couple of years. I use a nylon instructor belt I got from 5:11 and don't have any holster sag problems.
Since I have a bit of a sparetire it kind of squishes in a little so I don't have any printing issues....slight draw issue but no printing.........IMHO
:D

WESHOOT2

clone CZ carry

I have two small-frame Witnesses worn in a Galco IWB 'J-clip' (I think they call it) and one large-frame Witness worn in a Yaqui Slide.

I've installed (at times) a factory two-port 9x21 barrel in one and also wore that in a Yaqui Slide.

I prefer the IWB.

If it were to be my 'always' gun I'd contact the fine folks at Milt Sparks Holsters, Inc. and discuss my intended use and my actual needs.

armoredman

I carry a CZ PO1 concealed every day, Bianchi M-100 IWB rig. I carried a full size steel frame Witness 40 concealed for 13 years, usually in a Galco Hi-Jak pancake rig. Sold the gun, still have the holster! Also used a Galco Miami Classic rig, and an Uncle Mikes cheapie IWB, ouch. It just takes getting used to. A good holster goes a long way to help carry that sidearm, and a good heavy belt is a must.

PICT0242.jpg

Pilot

I have carried a full size CZ-75B and a Browning Hi Power, but I now carry the lighter weight, compact CZ-75D PCR.