Any Wilson/Beretta 9MM 92 Shooters?

Skeets

Member in memoriam
Due to a serious health problem,I may have to give up my beloved skeet shooting.I'd really like to hear TFL's feelings regarding the Wilson/Beretta's.All comments appriciated. Skeets

Mrgunsngear

Sure....

This is my 92A1 customized by Wilson review

This is my Wilson Beretta 92G factory offering review

I'm a big fan of the Beretta 92 series guns and Wilson really takes them to a new level.

21NaLUTl.jpg

euro

Wilson Berettas

I find the 92 full size to be a bit big. I prefer firearms to be carry sized (for me.) As such, the new compact is very appealing but as yet there seems to be very little on the 'net about this pistol. Looking forward to hearing / reading / seeing more.

CPO15

I bought the full sized WC 92 w/o the action tune from an online vendor. I was deeply impressed, had the DA and SA trigger pull measured against the standard non WC 92 and both were significantly better (don't remember the #s).

Bought a second from WC with the action tune and, while noticeably better, not significantly so. But the gun was better so I sold the first. This is a great gun, even w/o the action tune: best DA trigger I've shot, SA is approaching 1911 crispness and utterly reliable. The decocker only is a nice feature.

I ordered the compact model from WC direct. I knew it had a crappy front sight, but figured the WC upgrades would make it a good purchase.

I'm disappointed in the compact: I think WC simply rushed the gun to market. It's not in the same league as the full sized model. Trigger pull is "meh" and the front sight really does stink. It's just a factory Beretta with Wilson grips and signage. I'll keep it, and carry it. It is just as reliable and the shortened grip does make it carry better, but I'm sorry I dropped all that cash on it.

And, BTW, I AM a WC fan with a nice collection of their 1911s, but the Beretta 92C is their Edsel.

Skeets

Member in memoriam
Wilson/Beretta's

^^^+1 Lots of good info in your post! I'm trying to sort out the "Edsels"BEFORE I get one!Thanks,Skeets :D

rt11002003

I bought my Wilson/Beretta 92G in December. My ammo records show I've only run 300 rounds thru it. The dealer I bought it from had a long discourse on the extra work Wilson did to the gun over and above what Wilson offered in their standard Brigadier; it was part of a purchase made for a LE organization and the dealer kept several of the guns from the contract which were sold on GB. I assume it had the action tuned and I can't remember what else was done.

It's a beautiful piece of work. It's also a large pistol. I own several large, heavy handguns, in fact I like shooting heavier guns. It really easy to shoot, very accurate and works like advertised.

The low rounds count is due to me having bought three guns in December; and I have been carrying four and five guns to range every week. None of them have had a lot of action. It's going to the range next Tuesday, along with a STI Match Master, a GrandPower XCaliber and a Witness Elite Limited. Plus, whatever my buddy brings along.

I've been thinking about a Wilson 1911. This gun convinces me the Wilson 1911 will be a good choice.

BigJimP

A couple guys have one ... and i have shot them quite a bit / I think the Wilson guns are a big improvement over the stock Beretta 92's that I've fired...and I think they're worth the money.

I still don't like the grip or the triggers on the 92's ...even improved...they are just nowhere near as good a gun - as Wilson's 1911's...

I have a pair of their 1911's - full sized Protector model in 9mm and a CQB model in .45 acp..../ the Protector model in particular in 9mm is a spectacular gun ...1" guarantee at 25 yds / great triggers / great fit to finish ..and mine is coming up on 10 yrs old now with a little over 110,000 rds thru it - I shoot the heck out of it / and its become my primary carry gun now ( where the .45 acp used to be ) but as I get into my late 60's the 9mm is just plenty of gun - especially with the new high quality defense ammo.

Bart Noir

euro, welcome to The Firing Line. You have found a first-rate place to talk guns.

I am a big fan of 92s and especially the compact model. None of mine are Wilson improved 92s but a couple have some Wilson parts installed.

I know, not as nice. I actually have been tempted to send my Compact to Wilson for a full build-up.

One reason I like the Compact is the lighter and more more "maneuverable" feeling. It is sort of the difference between the 1911 Gov Model and the Commander, although those two have the same grip shape.

It is the grip shape which led me to buy the first Compact 92 I ran across. The shape has the back-strap curve and the little front-strap curve a little higher, closer to the slide. The result is such a fine fit to my hand.

I turned down a stainless steel 92A1 Compact recently, mostly because of the front sight. If it had been the 92A3 version, with the thicker curve over the barrel and the dovetailed sight, I'd have bought it. If the Wilson/Beretta compact model is ever offered in the 92A3 version, I'm getting one.

Bart Noir

boatdoc173

It is one of our favorite guns--hands down.

the upgrades they made make it so fun to shoot. If you like to shoot 1911s ,you will love this gun. Slide is smooth like it is on roller bearings,. More accurate than a production 92fs.
amazing trigger-it is a Beretta on steroids

everyone who tries it -loves it

shot it this AM --still smiling in the late PM.:D

BILLG

I have one with the action tune and it is GREAT! But Wilson Combat does absolutely nothing to these guns unless you get the action tune.They are manufactured by Beretta and warrantied by Beretta.
They are shipped to Wilson fully complete.

Honowahoo

Got a WC 92 compact, absolutely love it. One of the smoothest guns I own, bought it to be a range and safe queen, but it has quickly earned its way on my hip as part of my carry pistols.

Last edited:

Jagrbomb

Oh, hells yea :)

My favorite platform, hands down. I've owned 27 different variants over the past 20 years. Fantastic gun.

I will say that despite the color, I like the M9A3 the best out of the ones I have - even more than my WIlson...

ae1ae86aacefbc20db921560f77a4556.jpg

Here is my Wilson after I made a few changes:
00d94c0242404d478b1c2af5fdf84fae.jpg

And, here is my M9A3:
ab5862f3d04bf3aa6b947e1f67fbe0b0.jpg