Any Wildey Owners?

IDAHOMIKE

Picked one up in 45 Win Mag awhile back. Being unemployed at the moment, I took 'er out for a spin. PITA getting the gas regulator adjusted, but other than that it was a good time! Money well spent as far as I'm concerned. Just wondering as to how others feel about them.

44 AMP

Staff
Have one, 7.5" .45 Win Mag

But I have only fired a couple boxes of ammo through it. Adjusted on 230gr fmj, had to give it one more click to run right on Win 265grJHP.

Accurate, recoil not bad, rather fun, and impressed the heck out of the guys at the range. Factory ammo is spendy, but I have a couple hundred new brass, waiting for when I can find the time to load it.

Dave Cole

I don't have one, but one of my local customers has three, this "small" one and a 10" and a 14" version.He loves them and hunts with them.I just finished a Custom gunbelt for him to carry this beast.Dave

wildey.jpg

wildeybelt13.jpg

IDAHOMIKE

WOW Dave

That is a stunning rig to say the least! Was thinking od a shoulder rig for mine, but that's the bees knees. Sometime soon I'd like to have some work done if you hav e any open time. Namely a "doc holiday" style shoulder rig for my T/C's with the holster itself interchangeable to work with either the Contender or the Encore. Please let me know

Action_Can_Do

I've been considering buying one for a few years now but the price is a little hard to swallow. I bought a Desert Eagle to tide me over until I'm making a little more money. I'd love to hear a member who owns one do a range report on it.

44 AMP

Staff
If you compare the price against a custom 1911A1...

Its not all that bad. Of course, the guns are made for different things.

Ok, here's the teaser, I own Auto Mags, a Desert Eagle, a Wildey, a Grizzly, and a Coonan. Yes, I have the whole set. A range report with pics (hopefully) will be done in Sept, and should be ready for its own thread around the end of the month.

I have only fired about 2 boxes through my Wildey, so far, and it is fun and accurate. Recoil is mild, considering the .45Win Mag, but blast is ferocious, as is to be expected from a big bore magnum cartridge.

The grip is large, and fatter than the Auto Mag, but smaller and slightly "slimmer" than the Desert Eagle, although "slim" in this case is more a matter of perception, and the size of your hands. I did not bother with the DA trigger, as I had limited ammo at the time. The SA trigger is fairly good, after the expected take up. Sights are excellent, Fully adjustable, and easily seen, a far cry from the "fixed" (drift adjustable for windage only) sights that come standard on the Desert Eagle.

The Wildey has an unusual mixture of features, beyond the unique adjustable gas system. The magazine release is the heel type, perfectly functional and acceptable in a sport pistol, not the "usual" push button release found on combat guns. However, it is a DA semiauto, a feature usually not seen on a sport pistol, being normally found only on duty style "combat" guns. A curious combination.

Skan21

Ok, here's the teaser, I own Auto Mags, a Desert Eagle, a Wildey, a Grizzly, and a Coonan.

Heard anything about the new Coonan .357? They said mid 2009, and it is getting to be late 2009.

IDAHOMIKE

44AMP

I am very envious. Lol. I will concur with the unusaul mixture of features of the Wildey.So much classier and user friendly than a Desert Eagle to my eye. Although I'd love a DE and all the other magnum autopistols. Its a fun piece and I've lusted for one since I was a kid. I wanted the 475, but I found mine in immaculate shape for right at a grand. I've read of the Coonan in 41 magnum, but have never seen or heard of one. I've never even seen the 357 in the flesh. And being a Dirty Harry fan, an 8.5 inch Automag would be oh so nice but haven't ever seen one of those either.