Any Recomendations- Inexpensive .22 mag Bolt Action

patrickt66

I'm looking for an inexpensive .22 mag or possibly .22 hornet if I could find one for the right price. Something fairly compact would be best. Thanks in advance.

------------------
Think!

tatters

Go with a Marlin if you want a .22 mag. I bought a 25mn basic,no frills model for 159.00 and couldn't be happier. Accurate and the bolt wears in nicely. Very easy to shoot and a good trigger. An exceptional buy! It got me 2 groundhogs so far this year.

------------------
"I learned a thing or two from Charlie,don't you know. You better stay away from Copperhead Road" Steve Earle

jcoyoung

I also have a Marlin. An 822, which (IIRC) is the 'fancier' version of tatters. Great rifle for the money. It's pretty durn accurate too.

Hueco

I have an 882 also, and I love the daylights out of it. It's accurate, never fails, and light to boot. For the money, you can't fo wrong with a Marlin bolt-action 22 mag.

The 882 series is all magazine fed.
The 883 series is tube fed.
"SS" means stainless steel.
"V" means heavy barrel with no sights.

So...an 882SSV has a magazine, stainless steel, and a heavy barrel. An 883 has a blued normal barrel with sights and is tube fed? Get it? :)
www.marlinfirearms.com

Hueco

patrickt66

Sounds unanimous! Looks like I'll check out the Marlins this weekend. Thanks for the help' guys.

------------------
Think!