Any opinion on the Taurus Tracker revolver

I own of the tracker's in 357 magnum and I like it. I like the 7 shot cylinder, the matte stainless finish, and the look of the bull barrel. The porting and ribber grips really soak up the recoil too. I've had zero problems with mine.

Benzene

My Tauri

Well, I own several guns (handguns and shotguns). My favourite handguns must be my Taurus 617 (7-shot .357 magnum, 2" revolver), my Taurus 608 (8-shot .357 magnum, 4" revolver) and my PT145 Mill Pro (10+1 of .45ACP sitting in my IWB holster as my main CCW). I'm very happy. Now I must wonder what to do with the heavy (but reliable with 158gr rounds) SP101 and my S&W 342 PD.

Prices and performances far outweigh negative sentiments expressed at the brand name.

Benzene

My Tauri

Well, I own several guns (handguns and shotguns). My favourite handguns must be my Taurus 617 (7-shot .357 magnum, 2" revolver), my Taurus 608 (8-shot .357 magnum, 4" revolver) and my PT145 Mill Pro (10+1 of .45ACP sitting in my IWB holster as my main CCW). I'm very happy. Now I must wonder what to do with the heavy (but reliable with 158gr rounds) SP101 and my S&W 342 PD.

Prices and performances far outweigh negative sentiments expressed at the brand name.

Benzene

XD .45 temptation

I must say how tempted I was to buy the new XD .45ACP (13+1) when I held it one local gun store. Try as hard as I could, I could'nt justify the purchase, especially when it costs almost $600 (I could get 2 PT 145 Mill Pro for that sum of money). Is gun purchasing a kind of addiction?;)

PLINKER45

Taurus revolvers are exellent guns in my opinion. In fact, my wife bought me one this weekend for valentines day. It is a model 94 4" barrell in 22lr for plinking .It is a wonderful little gun. I put 500 rounds through it saturday.:D

BobR

I recently picked up a Taurus Tracker in 17HMR. It was an older (NIB) from CDNN. I like the gun, have put several hundred rounds through it in anticipation of the gophers popping up.

They recently had a 218 Bee and a 22 Hornet Tracker for sale at CDNN. If I could have swung it past SWMBO, I would have gotten both of them.

bob

Petre

The Taurus guns I have have all been fantastic. Easily equalling my more expensive guns.

I particullarly like the 608 8shot with 6" barrel. VERY solid, accurate and reliable gun at 52oz unloaded it manages fantastically. When shooting it at the range it always gets looks and admiration as I squeeze off the 8th .357 magnum shot.

1whobuys

Mine was pure junk right out of the box.
The cylinder timing was off so far it was tearing the copper jacket off of the bullets at the forcing cone.
I had to send it in the 2nd day I owned it and it took the factory 3 months to the day to get it back.

They hold no resale value at all and are hard to trade to the gun shops without loosing your butt on the deal.

The Colt's, Smith's and Freedom Arms will cost you more up front but you'll get more back out of them in the long haul.

azredhawk44

My Taurus 94 5" does not lock up solidly. It can be hand-spun with VERY minimal resistance out of bore alignment.

That being said, as long as I don't touch the cylinder when the gun is cocked, it is pretty accurate.

azredhawk44

I am considering a Taurus 44 stainless with a 4" barrel to sit next to my redhawk, though. I want 4", 6" and 8" 44magnums.:D The 8" will probably be a single action blackhawk/bisley/bfr/freedom arms for hunting. I'll probably go as premium as I can afford when I get it, but the 4" will be a beater/plinker/hiker gun, not to shoot full stoked monster 44 loads. 240gr and lower bullet sizes, mostly titegroup but some 2400/296/H110 loads in moderation.

But the taurus will do for the smaller 44 in my planned fleet.:p

Petre

The 94's all have that loose cylinder . I don't think I've ever seen one that didn't. Not sure what they did with those but none have ever been tight. I almost wonder if it wasn't by design being the cartridge they fire.

<Foster>

Pretty new to the revolver field, but it seems like taurus gets pretty split reviews as far as reliability. always good to hear good things bout them tho, as im considering one as my first revolver. specifically the M44. When/if i end up with one ill have to write up a post on its performance.