Any one seen these STEEL GLOCKS!!!

RobRocket

saw that site, I kinda though the grip was kinda ugly...

straps%20small.jpg

If the frame was black and that adjustable backstrap black then it might look better...

I like the glock as is with the polymer frame. :)

The tan color on the right is extremely ugly, thats for sure.

I'm not sure I see the point. If you want a metal frame gun, get a Sig...

So you are saying that Glock means ONLY polymer frames and mags? Given that Glock's name is "Polymer Gun" then I don't see your point about getting a Sig if you want a metal frame. What if you don't like Sigs. What if Glock can do a metal framed gun better than Sig?

The point, by the way, is market share and profit margin.

DunedinDragon

So you are saying that Glock means ONLY polymer frames and mags? Given that Glock's name is "Polymer Gun" then I don't see your point about getting a Sig if you want a metal frame. What if you don't like Sigs. What if Glock can do a metal framed gun better than Sig?

The point, by the way, is market share and profit margin.

I'm saying Glock, by choice, produces polymer framed guns because that's the market they want to address. That market wants a lighter weight frame than what is offered by Sig or other metal frame gun producers. The polymer frame is a key feature of a Glock to those that want that type of gun.

The point is market share and profit margin, both of which are the reasons Glock chooses to produce polymer framed guns. Admittedly, however, if someone truly LOVES the trigger action of a Glock, but wants more weight than what is offered in a traditional Glock...then this might have a purpose. I'm not sure that's a very big audience, however.

But, the american buying public is interesting. As George Carlin says, "nail any two items that exist in the universe together and someone will want to buy it..."

solz56

Is that even legal? Isn't there a SN on the Glock frame? A Glock patent on the mechanicals and design?

uncut

Wow and they are offering a manual safty for Glocks with 1911 style grip strap angle....
who needs a 1911 anymore :eek: :D

Ok sorry.... I don't own neither of the 2... just some humor :p

FirstFreedom

Oh, it make-a me laugh hard....

Pay too much for an overpriced plastic gun.
Then, pay a lot more money to buy a steel frame (not to mention fill out another 4473).

Thereby negating the ONE big advantage that a plastic gun has, that being weight savings.

OR

Get a CZ for less money from the get-go, and have a better, nicer-looking, and more accurate gun to boot.

Yet, something tells me they will sell enough of them for some tidy profits...I am thankful for the entertainment value of reality sometimes. :)

zukiphile

If I were interested in building a longslide 21, I would be interested in the possibility of foregoing the purchase of an entire model 21 just to get the lower.

I would also find the better grip angle and the option of a safety attractive. Seems like a fine idea.

Josh Aston

They claim they are marketing this too LE. I think competitive users will end up being the biggest market. And I don't think there will be a big enough market to keep them around unless the company expands its product line and keep these around on a limited basis.

Hkmp5sd

Is that even legal? Isn't there a SN on the Glock frame?

They are considered a firearm and will have its own serial number. That means it goes through a FFL with all applicable paperwork.

RsqVet

Hey was thinking you can rush out and buy this, a caspian slide, KKM or Bar-sto barrel and verious other after market parts / internals and then have a non-glock glock....

Now if they make on in 10 mm size....

Zak Smith

I handled these at the SHOT show.

If they aren't your thing, that's fine. There is quite a bit of interest for various reasons.

CCF has these in steel, titanium, and aluminum.

is this company full of morons?!? i mean how do they make all metal frames for every GLOCK, EXCEPT the .45acp ones! i have never heard anyone say the 9, .40, .357, or 45gap, frames were too big, but everyone (including me) says the GLOCK 21, and even the GLOCK 30 frames are abit too big. i saw the site thinking, "hey maybe I will buy one for my GLOCK 21", then find out they dont.

like alot of other people said earlier, if you want steel get a CZ, $ig, or Beretta, or 1911.

RsqVet

I asked, they are not going to make a mini-sized frame, they are underconsideration for the 45 / 10 mm size glocks which I would seriously be tempted to buy.

What may also be intresting is to see if any of these break, remember the strong oak sometimes splits in the wind storm when the tiny birch bends and blows in the wind....