Any one know the quality of the replica LeMat revolvers?

Deja vu

I have been on a civil war kick recently and if I can afford it I’d like to get a LeMat revolver. I want to actually shoot it and I likely could not afford a real one any way.

So I’m just wondering if the ones from places like Taylor’s are any good. Thanks!

bedbugbilly

I don't know anything about the ones presently being made but a friend had one back in the 80's when we were shooting N-SSA. He "just hd to have one" - so he bought one. Everybody is different - it's a unique revolver for sure but the few times we shot it -it was as someone already described - a tank. He quickly grew tired of it and the novelty wore off. He offered it to me at a good price - I declined as for me, it was one of those guns that would end up sitting around and not being used. To cart one around in a holster would be a PITA - I'd rather carry my Walker - which I don't. If you really want one - serif you confined someone who has one that you can shoot and so you can get the feel of it. If it ends up being your cup of tea - then go for it and have fun!