Any one have a Axis 243 HB?

indie_rocker

I have an Axis II in 308. I think the line has somewhat of a "cult" following. The accutrigger is an incredible setup and depending on if your Axis is a series one or two you will or will not have it. From what I understand though, Timney makes a great aftermarket setup for the first series. I absolutely love mine and it really started to perform well when I dressed it in a Boyds stock.

To be clear, it worked just fine from the factory and no modifications or additional accessories are needed. (Well, a shoulder strap made transport much easier). A box of ammo had me sighted in. I came across a barely used Boyds stock on a local gun forum for $60 and would have been a fool to not jump on it. The added weight is a worthy trade-off for the additional overall stability of the platform. If I was going to be hiking 10 miles with the Axis on my back though, I would be putting the plastic stock back on.

T. O'Heir

$189 even for an entry level rifle isn't to be sneezed at. Biggest difference between your 10, 11 and the Axis is there's no Accutrigger in the Axis.

NHSHOOTER

axis II has a accutrigger but personally after shooting one with a accutrigger I would still swap it over to a timney...jmo

I got my mits on my Axis on Monday. Looks pretty good, well worth the $189+shipping+ FFL fee for it. Total came to $235 after rebate.
Its in the safe for now. When I get in the mood pretty sure I will add a Boyds stock.

101_0016_zpsjd8jpuyx.jpg

stagpanther

If it is a Axis 1 (non-accutrigger) do not despair! While I do know others have managed to get good results with the stock trigger--I've learned from the several axes I've had that the addition of a rifle basix trigger, along with a bit of fore-end "stiffening" can make the axis into an outstanding shooter.

surveyor

Just picked up one with a redfield 3x9x40 something, a set of small base 308 rcbs dies, rcbs 243 neck die, rcbs 243 precision mic, redding 243 dies, 360 pcs of once fired 243 brass, and 360 105 amaxes in a trade.

Yes stock and trigger will be changed, and possibly scope. Rifle shot 20 times total.

Hard to walk away from for what it was offered for.

Jimbo-Indy

Check on YouTube for "the hide". I know the guy who writes this and pretty sure he has a heavy barrel Axis as one of his projects that he wrote about. I know he is a straight shooter.

stagpanther

I've had several axese rifles and tried the spring trim method once--I advise against it, the way the trigger group pivots in the frame that holds it can potentially lead to an AD.

One day I was at a range and simply closed the bolt on my 270 and boom! away she went (the bullet impacted the target nearly in the bull's :) ). Best trigger I found was the rifle basix, simple and good pull, and half the price of a timney which I also tried.

baddarryl

I've had several axese rifles and tried the spring trim method once--I advise against it, the way the trigger group pivots in the frame that holds it can potentially lead to an AD.

As noted in my thread above I used a lighter spring as advised rather than trimming. I have had no issues with mine. Just FYI.