Any one ever seen these?

Delaware_Dan

It's from Wilson Combat

3305042690_6d64309168_o.jpg

Checkered Frontstraps provide a non-slip surface for quick follow-up shots, even with sweaty hands. Wrap around checkered frontstraps are an inexpensive substitute for hand checkering. The frontstrap is secured in place with the pistols grip panels. This is a drop-in part requiring only a screw driver for installation. Frontstrap only works on Government and Commander Models.

It's only 10 bucks, so I think I'm gonna grab one. Just checking to see if anyone has one or has any experience with one.

Creature

I used the blued one for a little while. I had to put sticky tape between it and the front strap to stop it from moving around....and from marring the finish of the frame..which it still did somehow. Also, the blued one is made of steel. Mine eventually rusted around the stippling which actually has tiny holes...

I tossed it.

chriske

I use self-adhesive, sandpaper-like skateboard tape on the frontstraps of my Norinco 1911 & CZ 75 B.
Works great, costs next to nothing., easily replaced when worn, can't harm the gun's original finish.

SilentHitz

sandpaper-like skateboard tape
+1 on that. I bought a used pistol with some on it, and was going to pull it off until I fired it. I figured the stuff would eat my fingers up like sandpaper, but it actually does a great job.

Delaware_Dan

If I put some grip tape on the front strap of my RIA and it eats up my hands too bad what would I remove it with? The grip tape glue I mean. This was my first thought, but the finish is a Satin Nickel. I'm not sure what would damage the finish.

NGIB

I've used the Pearce finger grooves on a few of mine. They mount under the grips and serve the purpose...

shortwave

Delaware_Dan, get some 'Goo Be Gone'. Found at most auto part,drug and hardware stores. Great stuff! Also fingernail polish remover works well but use it spareingly.

bigghoss

I use self-adhesive, sandpaper-like skateboard tape on the frontstraps of my Norinco 1911 & CZ 75 B.
Works great, costs next to nothing., easily replaced when worn, can't harm the gun's original finish.

+1000 to that. non-skid tape found in the paint section of most hardware stores. I added some to my work-issued beretta and did a full wrap on my 2 ruger pistols. sticks really well and come off clean.

chriske

Delaware Dan : the guns I use it on are polished & blued, parkerized and hardchromed.
Neither the "glue" nor the remover (I use "Sticker-remover", but anything containing acetone will do) harmed any of those finishes so far.