Any of you folks Gunwriters?

fustache44

I'm pretty new here, and I don't know most of you folks, so this might be a dumb question.

I've just seen a few posts by members alluding to being "well published" gunnies, and was wonder what y'all have wrote?

Last edited:

Creeper

Published a few times... back when dinosaurs ruled the earth, and we shot at them with milsurps. :D

"Alluding"... is that like when you're in a bar, and everyone there seems to be a SEAL? That kind of alluding? :p

C

fustache44

Tamara said:
Not of the dead tree variety, although I should.

Goes without saying ;) Love your blog, you oughta do something of the dead tree variety.

That would be a twofer, whatever you write is about guaranteed to offend a lefty, and it's printed on what was once a tree.. :cool:

Dave said:
Pax is editor of Concealed Carry Magazine. Does that count?

I've heard her on Gun Nuts radio, I think. Good stuff.

Creeper said:
Published a few times... back when dinosaurs ruled the earth, and we shot at them with milsurps.

"Alluding"... is that like when you're in a bar, and everyone there seems to be a SEAL? That kind of alluding?

What milsurp for massive toothy lizard?... :D

On the second part, Yeah pretty much that. Though not the same flavor of suck as stolen valor, the same kind of "alluding"

I doubt we'll see anything in this thread.

Last edited:

fustache44

Also, the reason I posted this in strategies and tactics, is that I'm looking for stuff related to this, and if there's a book or article by a member here, I figured that would be a good place to start.

Tamara

Moderator Emeritus
fustache44 said:
...and if there's a book or article by a member here, I figured that would be a good place to start.

Well, Pax's book is really good; you should get you a copy. :cool:

JohnKSa

Administrator
An incomplete list in no particular order.

pax (Kathy Jackson) writes/edits for Concealed Carry Magazine and has recently published a book called Lessons from Armed America.

4V50 Gary (Gary Yee) recently published Sharpshooters (1750-1900): The Men, Their Guns, Their Story

Mas Ayoob (Massad Ayoob) is a member of TFL.

DPris (Denis Prisbrey) whose name you've seen on a magazine article or two if you try to keep current is a TFL member.

GunTalk (Tom Gresham) is a member.

Jim Scoutten (of American Shooter and Shooting USA) is a member but hasn't posted here in some time.

S.W.A.T. Magazine is associated with TFL, so if you read SWAT you'll notice several familiar names popping up if you hang around awhile.

JohnKSa

Administrator
I knew I wouldn't get everyone... :(

That's correct. Zak Smith has written several articles for gun magazines.

I'm still going to call it an incomplete list because I'm sure there are others.

Capt. Charlie

Moderator Emeritus
Yep, and don't forget our own Denny Hansen, editor of S.W.A.T. Magazine. with more than a few articles of his own.

And of course, there's Rich Lucibella, the owner/publisher of S.W.A.T. Magazine, and the owner/founder of The Firing Line.

McLaren

I run TheRiflemansManual.com

Ive co-opted with Mike Gaddy. I shoot competitively in service rifle class highpower...

I posted #47, James Lawson, at Perry this year with an M14, here:

http://www.nrahq.org/compete/natpdf/cp453-09.pdf

My site: The Riflemans Manual - www.theriflemansmanual.com is new. I started it about a month ago. You are all welcome to contribute anything you wish. If I dont have "it" up yet, its because Im still editing my stuff and working on the nuts and bolts of the site, which Im hand-coding myself. Its mostly links at this point because I wanted to share some immediate "already published" content I felt was important. Im still condensing years of notes...BTW, I like "white" and "simple" web sites. I dont know why, but dont let that turn you off. Color and fancy images will do nothing for your shooting. Getting to the range, first, listening to those who have "done it", second, and reading, third, will....

I like the writings of Zak Smith. He writes well, and he and Ray 'Dog' Sanchez know their dope. Period. I just wish they would post some scores once in a while on an NRA target....

Last edited by a moderator:

w_houle

Umm... I published a book of statutes arranged alphabetically for the Geary County Sheriffs Office. (for some reason they could only get printouts of the statutes by the statute number).
Does that count?

Nnobby45

:D
Pax is editor of Concealed Carry Magazine. Does that count?

Probably, at least as far as qualifications are concerned, and maybe even more so when expanding on the simple subject of just guns.

She's also just co-authored a book. I bought two copies--one for me, and one for a friend. Thought I might help support her thru the winter.:D:D

w_houle

Yes, but were they gun statutes?
Yes. Actually it's funny you mention that, as my only typo was in typing the statute code for brandishing a firearm against a LEO, and by statute prefix had made it look like a ticketable offense:eek::eek:

Beentown71

If you can learn your tactics from Monster Hunter International ;) Larry Correia was/is a member I do believe. My HD firearm is now a lever action 45/70 :D

Beentown