Any news Remington R51?

Barrel is 3.4 inches.
Not sure of the exact list price. I think they were trying to hit the sub $400 range.
That may be why they were having production issues.
The R51 is pretty complex compared to most sub $400 guns.

Most manufactures are trying to churn out as much gun as possible with out human interaction.
Some time hand fitting is whats needed. But that gets you a sub $600 gun.

Hope they figure it out.

Cheapshooter

What is the bbl length on this masterpiece? . What was a typical price for one? Thanks

MSRP was $419. Bass Pro advertised them at $399, and I heard of some being sold at around $369. But who knows what the price of the reincarnated model will be. I think a big part of the "problem" that Remington said occurred between the time it was developed, and when it went into production was the bean counters cut corners to meet a price point. If they build the new one right, I would expect a higher price.

WildBill45

Cheapshooter's rules of gun ownership #1: NEVER SELL OR TRADE ANYTHING!

As many guns as I have sold and traded over the years ( hundreds) to experience other guns would require me to be wealthy to achieve that goal! Besides I have at least 15 passions equally as expensive, and I don't own a bank. I don't get attached to machines, and have had over 35 motorcycles as well, and traveled to all states save three ... something not available to the working guy who keeps everything...

Got any guns for sale?

Technosavant

If they build the new one right, I would expect a higher price.

This wouldn't surprise me, but I would think that if the price creeps much above $400 or so it's going to be a hard sell, ESPECIALLY when the first version was a dud.

So many people are going to take a wait and see attitude on this that it's going to need to come at an irresistible price for people to take a shot on it. At $350 I'd probably be willing to do that. At $400 I'd think it over. At above that, well, maybe not. At that point it's starting to get into a price range where I'd expect more than an experiment.