Any kabooms ?

SpookBoy

Any kabooms ? lets see'em or hear about them!
A colt revolver!:eek:
anaconda-kb2.jpg

anaconda-kb1.jpg

Joe the Redneck

When Glocks first came out, there were a lot of stories about Glocks going Kaboom, esp. the 40.

A KB is basically a reputred case head.

I can't say that it never happened, I'm sure it has, all I can say is I am yet to see a picture of a Glock with a KB. I personally feel you will never see a KB with a factory loaded round.

The only pictures I've ever seen of destroyed weapons were due to improper handloading. Which is why it is so important to be careful.

I have seen pictures from the 50s of blown revolvers, but they were from the triplex loads from the early days of the 454 magnum. They were fired from a rest so no one got hurt.

Best regards

Joe

Hard Ball

KABOOMS are prechambering detonations occuring when a Glock fires out of battery. Fragments are usually blown out of the pistol and can badly injure the shooter. I have seen two. Both .40 calibers firing factoty loaded FMJ cartridges.

Hemicuda

Joe...

Either you are new here, or you read posts with blinders on, because there have been dozens of pics of "Ka-Boomed" Glocks (and others) on here and THR...

the unsupported chambers and ability to fire "out-of-battery" are real, documented problems with Gaston's Wunder-Pistole...

hoytinak

I've personally seen one. It was a Kimber Ultra Carry and was the shooter's own fault as he was shooting some very hot reloads. It cracked the barrel, slide and blew the mag apart and out of the mag well.