Any issues with mid 90's Glock26?

Tacoma

... BEsides the normal love em or hate em Glock discussions, any technical issues with a mod 26 of mid 90's vintage? I have a chance to pick one up reasonably cheap. Maybe it's becasue I already have had my teeth cut (on plastic) with a S&W M&P9C, but I have to say it's calling me. It that it fits my hand decently . Trigger isn't bad either. I'm tempted.

CDW4ME

Other than age, is there any difference between a 1996 Glock model 26 and a generation 3 model 26 made December 2010?

:confused: the one made Dec. 2010 potentially has some MIM parts?

voyager4520

The guide rod that originally came with it might have a black plastic base that fits into the barrel lug. If that's the case, I'd upgrade to one that has a metal base.

The earliest G26's had non-LCI extractors and spring loaded bearings. There's nothing wrong with that, it's just something to be aware of in case you ever decide to put a new extractor in it. The extractor and spring loaded bearing come in two types, non-LCI and LCI. Both must be the same type or the gun won't function properly, so if you change the extractor from one type to the other you must do the same with the spring loaded bearing.

And the early sub-compacts came with adjustable plastic sights as well. One of the previous owners might've changed them, but the original sights may still be on the gun.

Quentin2

No issues at all with the 1995 LE trade in G22 that I bought. Very glad I bought that gun and doubt the same vintage G26 would have problems either.

I would just check it out like you would any used gun.

Amin Parker

The Glock 26 is my favourite Glock pistol. I think its a masterpiece of design.

I already own 2 Glocks and am by no means a fan of them but if i was ever drawn to the dark side, the Glock 26 would be the reason.

JRP2

Any worn parts can be easily replaced and are cheap to buy

Takes a lot of shooting to wear out a glock