Any IPSC Shooters?

NAD

Anyone shoot IPSC on this board? Shot any matches lately. What kind of gear do you have.

HS

Aussie here with both hands up waiting for "shooter are you ready". Safariland belt and mag holders, Gilmore Speed Leader holster and a rompin' stompin' Stock P-16 with four 16rnd mags. BEEEP.....HS

fal308

Staff Alumnus
Have not shot in just over a year but have Gilmore inner/outer belts, Gilmore holster, Gilmore mag pouch, and some ballistic nylon mag pouches(so I don't have to take off my empty pouches when I don't need them or when they might get in the way). I use a customized .45 with Essex frame, 1911 slide and not a factory piece inside the gun.

[This message has been edited by fal308 (edited 10-22-98).]

NAD

Hi guys, - What part of the country do you shoot in? I reside in Texas and usually shoot a match every weekend at several clubs in the area. How active is IPSC in your area, how many clubs, etc.

I shoot Limited with a SV long dust cover gun using Safariland gear. A few weeks ago I installed one of those fiber optic front sights made by Dawson Precision. It works great and wish I hadn't waited so long to use one.

Tony N

Staff Alumnus
I'll start shooting some IPSC again once IDPA winds down for the year.
I'll use my carry gear; Glock 19 or 19 Long-slide, my own custom holster and mag pouches on a Galco belt.

Greg2

Hi, There are 2 ipsc shooters in this household. Greg is a "C" class shooter. He shoots a p14 with a bianchi comp. holster. I shoot "D" class ladies. My gun of choice is a hk usp 45 with a helwig speed holster. We shoot in Reno and Carson City NV. We also shoot steelplate matches with various sheriff depts through out the state of NV. Have also traveled 4 hours for ipsc in Bishop Ca. and 8 hours to Ridgecrest (China Lake ca.). This household works and lives to shoot. We have also started my 8 year old daughter and next spring will shoot a glock 9mm in ipsc.

Thanks Wendy and Greg

NAD

Greg - I shot in the USPSA Area 1 Championship match that was held at your Reno club in June this year. It was a fun match. I hear it will be held there again next year and I plan to be there. It was nice getting out of the Texas heat and having a change of scenery with the snow capped mountains.

Matt K

I shoot several clubs matches every month and this year hit many major matches, I just got back from the Open in Vegas. I use a heavily modified Glock 22 with Firepoint/Optima sight, Safariland 077 mag pouches and a CR Speed holster from Rescomp.

NAD

Matt K. - how was the Open Nats? There were a lot of people DQued. Must have been a lot of tight shots because there seemed to be quite a few penalities given to the shooters.

Were there any other shooters using Glocks at the match in either Open or Modified class?

Matt K

I heard that there were two other glocks but I didnt see them. Most of the stages were cool witht he exception of 50 yard standards (stage 11) and this wierd El presidente thing (stage 1) otherwise it was a decent match, although the USPSA kinda screwed the competitors.

Matt K

TaxPhd

I shoot all over North Georgia, at least one match a week (shooting this much, I should be classed higher than C open and limited, oh well
smile.gif

In limited, I shoot a stock Kimber, and for open, a Rusty Kidd built Caspian Hi-cap in .38 Super Comp.

Anyone interested in shooting in Georgia, let me know!

Dan C

My wife and I shoot in the Seattle area. My wife shoots a Glock 24 and I shoot a model 22 or 35. We both have Safariland belts and holsters.

HS

If it means anything..got a 1st place trophy last night in standard div. at our presentation night. Another AUSSIE shootin' a Para with style...
wink.gif
...HS

HS

Well there were a LOT of trophies because we've got over 2000 members ! 1st, 2nd & 3rd place winners all came up together. Fastest everything got a trophy - IPSC, Target comp- Centrefire & Rimfire, Western Action, Bowling Pin - 10 pin & Rapid fire, Pocket Pistol, Woodchop,Top Junior etc. It was a Long list...grin.

HS

Motorep, you misunderstood me ! Over 2000 members in total ! About 20 are IPSC shooters, gives ME a better chance of winning !...grin
wink.gif
150 approx. turned out for annual trophy/christmas party. At $35/ head it may have put some of them off....HS