Any info on new Model 29?

The Body Bagger

Just wondering if anyone knows if these are available yet and what the asking price is?
S&W Model 29 PC 6 1/2" brl
170253_item.jpg

progunner1957

W/T/F was S&W thinking?!?!?

Blue steel :D
Nonfluted cylinder :D
Black wood stocks :D
"New and Improved" barrel :barf: :barf:

Smith blows it again :(

Majic

S&W should not resemble any Colt.
There has never been any Colt that has looked like that. That is a creation of S&W's Performance Center. They have made some of the ugliest barrels ever put on a production revolver.

Hal

"W/T/F was S&W thinking?!?!? "

Guess they got tired of Ruger winning the ugly gun war :D

Just MHO - but that thing is uglier than a junk yard dog. :barf:

Sturm&Rugerfan

s/w 29

I prefer my ruger 44mag 9.5" super redhawk hogue rubber mongrip with n. star 2-7 scope scout will go on my 357marlin later. It give me naughty tingle feelings never shoot it yet, out life recommended brace shooting gloves i am likely to use shooting sticks or the snipod from gun access. section i am constructing.

once i get my 35mm camera fixed will profide redneck eye candy lol.

Magnum88C

You know, I never will understand why the PC has to make the most shaved-dog-butt-ugly underlugs in the industry? That killed it right there.

Then they have to make the scope base part of the gun. I can live with it drilled and tapped, but let me take the thing off.

Then they add insult to two injuries by charging $1200 for it?

No thanks.

BusGunner007

What an opportune time for a Ruger fan to chime in :D :

Here's the S&W guys insulting the Rugers again, and not liking the new, dark, and SLEEK look of the Performance Center 29...you guys are NEVER happy, are ya?! :p

I see three (3) things I'd change on that gun that would give it a better 'look':
1. Ramped, black front sight.
2. Lose the scope mount.
3. Get a Hogue fingergroove grip in wood. The rubber or nylon one would look OK, but an exotic wood grip is more in character with the $1200.00 tab on the gun.

The look of the new gun is current; 2005.
S&W Performance Center has seen fit to make this a true R EVOLVE R.
;)
170253_large.jpg

Majic

Actually The PC shop has been playing around with weird looking barrels for quite a while. Those models didn't sell very well either, but I guess they just won't give up.

jonathon

Eh, everything on the barrel and the barrel itself are ugly and I could only see that gun used in target shooting and maybe some hunting.... That thing doesn't deserve the name "29" :barf: