Any good upgrade for my new glock?

epic4444

I just got a NIB Glock 19 and i love it...took it to the range yesterday and its very easy to shoot...but i was wondering if there any upgrades i can do to it ? anything to make it shoot a little more accurate or some good night sites? thanks

JDG

Glocks are hard to shoot accurately, alot of trigger time is needed. I can still out shoot my G19 with my CZ75, any day of the week, after many thousands of rounds. Any night sight will serve you well, Ameriglo, Trijicon.... Its hard to improve Glock Perfection:D Congrats! And go buy some more ammo:)

FS2K

AMMO of course!

I suggest breaking in the gun before you start adding accessories on it, that way you will have a better feel for whether or not the parts you just put on/replaced makes a difference or not, and if so, by how much.

Glocks have a HUGE aftermarket parts selection probably surpassed only by the venerable 1911, but truth be known they are really good guns right out of the box, especially the G19 like yours. If you got your G19 without night sights that would probably be the first thing on my list, not so much as it needs night sights, but the stock sights are made out of plastic, and they will actually wear down if you use a tight fitting holster. I bought my G17 in 1988 with trijicon sights already fitted, and those sights are STILL glowing after all these years. I don't know how good those fiber optic/tritium blend sights are or how long they last, but I do know the Trijicons last a looong time.

The stock stamped sheetmetal levers are a joke, and I would get an extended Slide release lever at least. The extended take-down lever isn't nessesary, and neither is an extended magazine release button. Unlike the take down lever though the extended magazine release button is a handy swap but is unnesessary. (Well...more unnessesary than all of the other unnessesary accessories available for your Glock.

Other than that, it's practice practice practice. Extra magazines are always a good investment.

The G19 is such a well balanced gun that there is no reason to mess with recoil spring rate, however I am no fan of Glocks plastic recoil rods (my original on on the G17 cracked) I got a stainless replacement and a new Wolffe recoild sping for that specific recoil rod alone. Staying on the metal replaces Plastic kick you may want to change the slides rear cover (that holds in the firing pin & spring) if you're like me an want to clean the firing pin /spring and channel every now and then. The OEM plastic cover gets beat up really easily in no time. And last but certanly not least is a Aluminm trigger assy. from Lightening Strike to create the best feeling Glock trigger possible.

Do NOT waste your money on an "Over-travel" stop for the trigger connector, That is really a waste of money.

Your gun is a great gun, and one of the best 9mm service type handguns I have ever shot with the exception of perhaps an HK P7. Good luck, have fun and shoot safe. Remember, 1000 rounds on a new Glock is like breaking her in!

shooter1

I just got a NIB Glock 19 and i love it...took it to the range yesterday and its very easy to shoot...but i was wondering if there any upgrades i can do to it ? anything to make it shoot a little more accurate or some good night sites? thanks
Yep! Trade it for a CZ or 1911 !:D
There, got that out of the way-------just kidding of course.:rolleyes:
I always do a trigger job on my Glocks. I install a 3.5# connector and a reduced power striker spring, as well as the Lone Wolf "Ultimate Trigger Stop".
I replace the barrel, usually with a Lone Wolf one. Install a SS guide rod, and replace the sights---------. Just occurred to me, I don't like much about stock Glocks. I spend about $200 on each one to make it work for me!
str1

Dj Dust

I suggest night sights they make it easy to see at night.

Also a steel recoil spring guide helps with recoil PLus it will not break like the stock one can.

The 3.5lb trigger connector is cheap and easy to do. plus look for the "25 cent polish job" it really makes a difference in the smoothness of the trigger.

PzGren

Glocks are hard to shoot accurately, alot of trigger time is needed. I can still out shoot my G19 with my CZ75, any day of the week, after many thousands of rounds. Any night sight will serve you well, Ameriglo, Trijicon.... Its hard to improve Glock Perfection Congrats! And go buy some more ammo

Right, this a target shot at 20 yards by my youngest son. Glock OEM 3.5 connector and Mep sights. The crisper sight picture helps, so does the connector and it does not stop there.

20YardTarget.jpg
[/IMG]

shooter1

I find night sights limited in usefullness other than in combat. In police applications I always used a white light for target identification, so my sights were visable with or without tritium. Any good steel notch and post sights work for me. My preference are Bomars or Novaks.
str1

Alleykat

I like Agrip. Also like several of the aftermarket connectors...Lonewolf (favorite), Scherer (next favorite), Ghost Ultimate. Don't like the OEM 3.5# connector; too mushy.

I use Ameriglo sights, primarily. Also like Meps and Trijicons.

I use a Lonewolf Distributors Ultimate Trigger Housing with trigger stop adjustment for one of my range Glocks. (And, "NO," the trigger stops have nothing to do with the connector!)

Also install steel guide rods in all my Glocks. Oh, yeah, can't stand the serrated triggers; drop a G17 trigger bar with the smooth trigger in.

hoytinak

practice, practice, night sights, practice, practice, 3.5# trigger, practice, practice, practice....

I also installed an extended slide release on mine as well. Oh and if you want a Crismson Trace laser grip for it PM me.:D