Any Good New AR For Around $600?

johnwill

Of course, you'll have to wait about 9 months to actually get your hands on an AR-180B for anything close to $600. :) Right now, they're in short supply...

liketoshoot

CAV Arms Group Buy

I didn't.

:p

Still their advertised std rifle is $650 not including shipping and FFL fee. I'm not sure if you buy directly from them, though.

www.cavalryarms.com

Also, check out www.Gunsamerica.com and look under non-Colt AR-15's - Bushmaster or Rock River Arms. You might find something for around $650.

Steve Smith

Actually, they charge extra for the 5.56 chamber so the group buy is a better deal still. Ther ewas also a benefit in price regarding the barrel...forgot what it was now.

I got a 16" lightweight barrel A3 with a shortened stock. All black. What did you get?

SHIVAN

RRA

I think you can get a RRA for close to that.

You may not get the rifle together in one box, but I think you can get an assembled lower for $250, and there are some uppers floating around somewhere in the $350 - $400 range I've seen, not the best uppers, but still get superior quality for close to $600, just inside $700.

Ed

liketoshoot

Actually, they charge extra for the 5.56 chamber so the group buy is a better deal still. Ther ewas also a benefit in price regarding the barrel...forgot what it was now.

Yes, the group buy included the 5.56 chamber, which was what I wanted.

The barrel upgrade (normally $50 more) came at no extra cost - optional barrels included the M4 barrel with Cav compensator, or the lightweight barrel. Standard barrel is heavy barrel with no comp.

My configuration is: standard-size buttstock (instead of shortened) with A3 flattop upper, M4 barrel with Cav comp. Exactly like the first rifle on this page, except mine doesn't have the red dot sight.

http://www.cavalryarms.com/rifles.htm

RRA is also a good choice. They are highly regarded, as are Bushmaster.

You might look into DPMS, too.

Steve Smith

GunFool, sorry for hijacking your thread here!

Iliketoshoot, I can't wait for that thing to come in. Mine should be right at 5 lbs!

Kevinch

Gunfool, your quest would be much easier if you can manage to squeeze out another $150 or $200. At lot is available when you get up around $800.

Just a thought....

Kharn

You could buy a stripped lower reciever ($125 to $150 at your FFL) and a rifle kit for $400 to $600 (depending on options and manufacturer). Assemble it yourself, and you save a good chunk of cash.

Kharn

Rob96

Just picked up a brand new DPMS Classic Sixteen for $675. Great looking carbine, totally reliable, unbelievably accurate. The bolt and bolt carrier are hard chromed. In addition to the mil-spec phoshate coating, it is also treated to a baked on teflon finish.