Any fixes out there for the beretta 85 slide, or the cz100 trigger?

Andrewh

My wife needs a smaller gun, and it needs to be light as well. All I carry are full size, and she can't hold them up long enough to practice with. Seriously, she can't finish a clip before she is to tired to hold it up and aim right. These two guns are light enough, but both have faults. The 85 or 84 seems to have a bizzare recoil spring that makes it impossible for her to draw back the slide to lock. Heck it was even hard for me. The cz she liked, but just like everyone else said, it has a horrible trigger pull.
Do either of these problems have a fix, or is there another choice like these? The berretta is perfect for her except the recoil spring. (though I would like hers to be bigger than 380, what are you going to do for someone with small hands.)

Shawn Dodson

My wife's gun is a Beretta 85. I ensure it's loaded with Hornady 90gr XTP-JHP.

The 'bizzare recoil spring" is just a stiff recoil spring, which is needed because the Beretta 85 is blowback operated verus recoil operated.

A .380 ACP Beretta 86 ( http://www.beretta.com/pistole/Cheetah.htm ), might be the answer you're both looking for. It has a tip-up barrel, which allows the gun to be loaded without having to retract the slide.

KITT

I took my Dremel to the trigger of my CZ 100 in 40S&W and after a little grinding and polishing it was a lot smoother but the recoil was terrible so I traded it off. I bought a Taurus 9mm worked on the trigger and bingo....a real shooter.

Andrewh

Shawn Dodson- Thanks I had no idea they made a 380 tip up. I knew about the 32 and 25. I will look into it and see if I can find one.

KITT- Thanks for the input. That tells me the cz is not even in the running then.