Any fellow M92 "Krinkov" owners here?

FS2K

Hello Everyone!

This is one of my first posts, so please bare with me. I am an AR15 guy. I like assembling them and working on them and most of all I like shooting them, but it was only until relatively recently that I have been able to afford them. Before I got into AR15's I was into the much more affordable "Communist" guns: AK47's and SKS's. I had built a few AK47's from scratch but since getting into AR15's I hadn't given much thought into getting another, that is, until I seen Yugoslavian M92 Zastava de-milled kits for sale at Ohio Rapid Fire! Since the first time I saw these chopped down AK's I knew I had to have one! (or 2) so when I saw the sets for sale I immediately ordered up a couple along with some Global Trades recievers and some US parts. I decided that I wanted these gund to look pretty so I sent a set over to Ken Kubin for assembly and 3 weeks and $125.00 later I got my brand spanking new Krink!

What a fun gun! Being a big fan of Carbines this gun felt perfect for me, it's light, compact and SMOOTH! I am really impressed with both the weapon and the work Mr. Kubin put into this gun for such a low price. Are there any other M92 owners here? How to you like your Krink? Have you ever shot one back to back with a Bulgarian Krink in 7.62 X 39MM?

Cheers~

'75Scout

I have seen the kits and would love to own one. But aren't they considered Short Barreled Rifles? The $200 tax stamps is what keeps me from buying one.

FS2K

If left stock Yes, they are considered SBR's..

However you have several options when it comes to "extended muzzle devices" (otherwise known as barrel extentions, LOL!) I chose a extended version of the stock Krinkov "cone" flash hider and had it pinned and welded to the barrel to get it to the required 16" or more to be registered as a long gun.

Keep in mind that you must also make sure that your build is 922R compliant. (the 10 fireign parts rule) All this means is that you need to replace ten (10) of the items on the list with US made parts in order for the build to be legal. It isn't that bad.

The Imported Parts Law(1990)
178.39 otherwise known as 922(r) 10 Foreign parts law on semiauto Rifles & Shotguns
http://www.atf.treas.gov/regulations/27cfr178.html
Sec. 178.39 Assembly of semiautomatic rifles or shotguns.
(a) No person shall assemble a semiautomatic rifle or any shotgun using more than 10 of the imported parts listed in paragraph (c) of this section if the assembled firearm is prohibited from importation under section 925(d)(3) as not being particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes.
(b) The provisions of this section shall not apply to:
(1) The assembly of such rifle or shotgun for sale or distribution
by a licensed manufacturer to the United States or any department or agency thereof or to any State or any department, agency, or political subdivision thereof; or
(2) The assembly of such rifle or shotgun for the purposes of
testing or experimentation authorized by the Director under the
provisions of Sec. 178.151; or
(3) The repair of any rifle or shotgun which had been imported into or assembled in the United States prior to November 30, 1990, or the replacement of any part of such firearm.
(c) For purposes of this section, the term imported parts are:

(1) Frames, receivers, receiver castings, forgings or stampings
(2) Barrels
(3) Barrel extensions
(4) Mounting blocks (trunions)
(5) Muzzle attachments
(6) Bolts
(7) Bolt carriers
(8) Operating rods
(9) Gas pistons
(10) Trigger housings
(11) Triggers