Any comments on Sig SP2022 40

Mustang Jon

I had a 2022 in 40 and it was a really good shooting and accurate weapon. Regret selling it to this day. I would not hesitate getting one again if I had the chance.

wild cat mccane

It’s big.

It used to be $400 for 3 mags, holster, and ns.

The name is the deprecation year of the model from service.

None of this makes it bad.

PX4 or P99as would be higher on my list for da/sa in that price range where HK ups or p30 or p2000 might be first is price were meaningless/on the approved list. PX4 has a lot going for it though. P99 might be cheapest while best trigger of any.

Nothing terrible about it. Nothing stands out either. :)

Last edited:

jason.h

My first pistol was a 2022 in 9mm, never had a problem with it, great gun. It is a little top heavy because of the heavy slide and has a high bore access. I don't think it is a good chose for a recoil sensitive person.

shafter

Mine is 9mm. It's big, bigger than the 229 which is really what I was going for but the price was right and it's made with all the usually Sig Sauer quality.

The trigger pull is a little on the long side but it's smooth.

wnycollector

I own both a SIG SP2022 in 9mm and SP2340 in 40. I picked up the 2340 first. I liked it so much I picked up the 2022 when I found one for a good price. I own three West German classic SIGns (P220, 226 and 228). Both of the polymer SIGs are equally as accurate and reliable as my metal framed pistols. As other have stated, the polymer DA/SA pistols have slightly longer trigger pulls but they are very smooth.

PatientWolf

I saw one used (but doesn’t look like it was ever fired) today at the LGS with night sights for $380. I’m thinking really hard on that one.