Any chance of new Colt DA revolvers?

18DAI

I've seen the rumors of Colt reentering the DA revolver market floated on several boards recently.

It reached a fever pitch shorty before the SHOT show. The rumor was that Colt would begin producing double action revolvers again.

Anyone have any info to share? I'm going to Email Colt and ask for a Magnum Carry ;).

What DA Colt revolver would y'all like to see in production again? Regards 18DAI.

rugersp101

Very, very doubtful. Don't get your hopes up because Colt will definitely rain on your parade. They are only interested in big Federal Government and Local Government contracts these days and not what the individual consumer wants - Sadly:(
I would like to see the Colt DA Grizzly and Kodiak, and Pythons, King Cobras, Anacondas, Double Diamonds, well... all of them really, offered again.

Rocked

Agreed. Doubtful. But this is an interesting read.

http://www.defensereview.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1144

Perhaps the single most exciting thing that happened at NDIA International Infantry & Joint Services Small Arms Systems Symposium 2008--away from the firing range, of course--was a confrontation between Jim Battaglini (Retired Marine Corps Maj. Gen. James R. Battaglini) of Colt Defense and U.S. Air Force Col. Robert Mattes, the director of the Comparative Test Office for the Deputy Undersecretary of Defense for Advanced Systems and Concepts, while Col. Mattes was giving a speech and promoting the idea of an open competition to determine the best infantry/assault carbine that can be supplied to U.S. military infantry warfighters. Specifically, the purpose of the competition would be to determine whether or not the Colt M4 Carbine is still the best carbine solution for our warfighters, and if there might be a better (i.e. more reliable and combat-effective) carbine out there M4.

If Colt lost one of their major contracts, they may be forced to redirect efforts to civilians.

j-a-r

I doubt it very much. Colt has concentrated on the Military market for some time now. As for commercial guns they stick to what sells for them, 1911's and collector guns like the SAA.
If we want a nice Colt revolver we can just shop the used gun market and the auction sites. There are plenty of nice used and NIB Colt revolvers out there. Unfortunately thier prices keep going up and up for nice examples.
J-a-r

45_Shooter

If they do bring them back, I doubt they'll have the old V-spring action Colt was known for. Labor costs are pretty high for all the hand fitting involved, and I don't think they'd be price competitive these days. Colts already have an unfair reputation for being weak, because many shooters fail to service their weapon when it needs it. I can only imagine the warranty costs they might incur.