Any 12" LOP Hogue Stock owners?

RevolverLover

Does anybody have the Hogue Overmolded 12" LOP stock? How do you like it? Is the texture around the grip area the same like their monogrips for revolvers? Thanks for your help.

NINE

I had a 12" LOP stock set on my norc HP9-1. It was truly outstanding. The grip and positive handling is amazing. Just be careful not to thumb knuckle yourself in the nose... well, you only do that once. You'll find you have adjust your grip slightly, your hand is closer to your face.

I sold the norc, but I will be building a 870 shorty, er, shortly. It will wear hogue.

34igy12.jpg

Krylon "camouflage paint system" 48143 Olive Drab

gordo b.

I've had one on my 870 for 2 years. It IS 'da bomb' in most respects. However I ended up putting a 3/4" thicker and wider pad on it to be perfect for me(12 3/4" LOP) for CQB in a thin shirt or jacket. Yes you really should NOT cross your thumb over the stock wrist :eek:

caravan

I have one on my Mossberg 500, it is great, outstanding and very well built, it fits me perfect (I’m 5-7"). True you have to adjust your grip quite a bit, but not big deal. Think about buying it with the forearm, it is very "grippy" and well built as the stock.

Happy shooting!

Caravan

readyme

I have been looking at one of these for my 870. Has to be better than the synthetic stock that came with it.

Can somebody post a picture of the modified grip?

Thanks

NINE

The modified grip is thumb forward, instead of across the grip. Your hand is much closer to your face with a 12" LOP stock. It's actually not a big deal, just mind your thumb.

Here's the stock set on my 12.5" shotgun:

n647466120_643096_5515.jpg

n647466120_643097_5895.jpg

n647466120_643095_5157.jpg

n647466120_643094_4767.jpg

readyme

NINE

Thanks for the info. I will have to head over to the shop and try them both out, and see how they feel.
Also, do you have an aftermarket bead sight? Looks much brighter than mine, and I think I will get it replaced soon.

NINE

No, it's a stock bead. You can polish yours up no problem.

I will be covering the bead with the one pic'd in the middle.
shotgun4.jpg

xssights.com/store/shotgun.html

XS Sight Systems "Big Dot" Tritium bead. It's simply epoxied over the existing bead.

Last edited:

readyme

That is sweet....I am actually looking at putting some of the XS sights on my pistol, so it should be perfect with matching sights on the 870.
Thanks

caravan

Nine

Very nice looking shotgun!! Congratulations

One question, do you have any kind of spacer between the stock and shock absorbing pad? If you do, can you tell me which one, any links?

What’s that accessory to put a single point sling? Is it made of metal? How do you like it?

I have the same stock and forearm on my mossy 500, but if it would be just 1/4 of an inch longer LOP would be PERFECT!

Thanks in advance

Caravan

NINE

That is hogue's "grind to fit" recoil pad which came stock with.. the stock.

The sling attachment is actual a "sling plate". This one is made in canada by S & J Hardware. (CNC aluminum) I absolutely love it. I'm not sure who makes a sling plate for the moss 500, but typically you will get about a 1/4" extra from these things. I can't say enough about how comfortable and handy a sling point carry is on a shotgun.