• Glock 20

Votes: 22 27.2%
  • Rock Island Armory (whatever flavor) .45 ACP

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • HK45 (fullsize or compact)

Votes: 27 33.3%

• Total voters

Sgt Pepper

I love these polls, so here goes another. Let's see if you guys and gals can tilt me one direction or another. All input is appreciated, but I don't want to hear the pros and cons of .45 ACP vs. 10mm. I'm not worried about being concealed or being a range warrior. Just simply, on the merits of the piece itself, what should be next. If you think one piece or another is junk or not worth buying, that's fine, but if you were me, what you would buy next? Thanks.

kristop64089

I really wanted to vote EAA Witness 10mm, as it is one of my favorites!

But I voted G20 for its simplicity/reliability/versatility

nate45

I like 1911s, but I voted for the Glock 20 only because I have several 1911s and a Glock 19, 22 and 21 and no Glock 20 or 10 mm at all for that matter:(

10 mms are :cool:

hoytinak

I've already got a HK45c and my next purchase is prolly going to be a Glock 20, I say either one of those. :)

BurkGlocker

Voted RIA just because of the grip issue with the Glock. Just too big for my hands. Thinking of picking up a RIA Tactical the next gun show.

I voted 20 because I love tens, but the one I'd like to see is the DW CBob 10mm.
Shuuut uuppp...I just looked at that exact gun on Gunbroker.com but cannot afford one and I do not need people like you bringing it up and torturing me. :)

Sgt Pepper

I currently have an XD45, HK P7, and a Walther P22.

Over the last decade, I've owned a CZ75, Glock 17, Beretta 92FS, Sig P239, Sig P226, Glock 23, Ruger GP100, among others. Those are the ones that immediately come to mind. I've also had the opportunity to put a lot of rounds through friends' glocks, sigs, colts, smiths, walthers, and others, too.

Smaug

From your history, it seems like you're due for a 1911.

It also seems that Glocks don't have staying power with you. (they didn't with me either) You've also had some of the very best double/single action autos available.

Another hole might be in the SA revolver area. I hear their kick is quite pleasant compared to DA revolvers, since they swivel up instead of pushing back for their recoil.

Maybe a Super Blackhawk in .45 Colt...

Also, do you handload? ALL your shooting becomes better with handloads. You won't save money, you'll just shoot more for the same money, and your ammo will be more accurate. (esp. with bolt action rifles)

Sgt Pepper

This has turned out to be an impressively even poll.

Smaug, your mind reading skills are spooky. I actually had been considering acquiring something in .45 long colt. Last March, a friend of mine brought his case-colored Vacquero out to the ranch, and I LOVED IT!

Also, it's funny you mention reloading, because over the last six months or so, I have been seriously shopping around and considering committing to a reloading setup.