Another Walther fan is born

Sir William

I went back to the shop where I purchased a Walther P1 yesterday, I picked up a Walther PP today. The slide reads; Carl Walther Waffenfabrik Ulm/Do. Modell PP Cal.7.65mm Made in W. Germany S/N 4448XX It came with papers, cleaning gear, two magazines, a S/Nd hard box and the poiizei holster. Great little pistol! A PPK can't be far behind.

michael t

Carefull their habit forming I don't very often leave home with out my PPK/S in my pocket. Come join us a Walther Fourm and we have a Walthers board at Glock talk.

Last edited:

Sir William

I really am becoming a happy Walther owner. The ease of disassembly and reassembly alone is enough to please. No wrenches, no flyaway captive parts, no forehead divots or risk of losing an eye, I am going to purchase a PPK.

BillCA

Sir William,

How do you like your P1? My local dealer has a couple of very clean looking P1's for $399 (it's Kalifornia after all) that I've been debating purchasing.

ikiddp5

Congratulations! You have bought a pair of excellent guns. I have a Walther P-5C and I think is one of the finest guns ever made. The P-99 series are very good too probably one of the most modern design in polymer guns today.
Good Luck!

denfoote

Naw!! I ain't a Walther fan!!!

NOT!!! ;)

Walthercollection.jpg

Sir William

Nice family portrait denfoote! BillCA, my P1 is excellent. There is little take-up in the trigger. It is a smooth single action that rivals my S&W M19. The sights are a excellent combat fixed with a modified by a red line rear and standard white dot front post. Decocking and safety combined for efficiency. Take down and rassembly is slightly challenging, you cannot talk on the phone and reassemble it. Focus is demanded. The 2-piece press fit barrel is similar to a Browning Hi-Power. The extractor throws empties to the LEFT!! The heel magazine release is large and easy to purposefully operate. There is a snap with 124 gr Speer GDHPs +P rounds but, I haven't found a round this P1 won't digest. The nmbers match, it is a fully updated piece with engineering changes marked with Polaris stars. I can say that it is accurate, feeds everything, ejects LEFT and I could be satisfied if this P1 were the only pistol I owned. I like it.

Last edited:

Wyo Cowboy

I just got back from putting a 100 rounds thru my PPK (and a few hundred thru others). I had to stop shooting the PPK because I kept getting the giggles. The bullets kept going thru the same hole! Dang, I love this pistol!:cool:

Webleymkv

I know the feeling as I have one very simlar to that. It is the most accurate auto I've ever fired (followed by my dad's IJ70 Makarov in .380). Did yours come with the factory test target as mine and flusher's did?

Wyo Cowboy

I picked this PPK up used through www.gunsamerica.com from a LEO in NYC. No box or papers, just the pistol. I carry it as my light clothing gun, and as a BUG... and because I am a Bond fan. My Mom started me out by taking me to see "From Russa With Love" as a little kid (because she couldn't find a sitter!) and from then on I wanted a PPK. It just took 40 years to happen.

Tdog201

waiting for mine

I have ordered a walther P99 QA and going to pick it up saturday. I can't wait to try it out. I bought a .40S&W cal. I plan on buying a PPK soon also maybe even a P99c I have shot some walthers and just now buying my first but never to late I say.