Another SR

subhuman

got this SR 40 a few weeks ago

then this week I traded a G19 for this set up, SR9E ,holster and extra mag

I am very impressed with the way these pistols handle and shoot
9E

SR 40

LockedBreech

Very comfortable guns. Trigger a mite mushy but very predictable. High capacity but slim. Mags by Mec-Gar. A lot of gun for the dollar. The standard version has too much safety junk for me, the 9E is better.

I'd really be interested in a Glock style SR-series. No manual safety, mag safety, or giant chamber indicator.

WVMountaineer

Awesome! BTW, I like the back strap flat too on the grips.

I have an SR45. It is a great shooter and an awesome value. The more I shoot it, the more I like it. I have even been CC carrying it as of late on these cooler days.

An SR9 is now on it's way to match it.

I'm no semi-auto gun buff but, I've shot quite a few now and the new Ruger's represent the best value on the market as far as I'm concerned.

There are a lot of guns out there that equal the SR series as far as reliability and accuracy. None will do it while matching the price of the Ruger's.

God Bless

jr24

Hickok45 did the internet a favor by pointing out that the SRs are no thinner than a Glock. Caliper proven.

I cannot recall if it was only the slide, or the grips too. I can say, without a doubt, that the SR series FEELS much thinner in my hands than Glocks. Used to be a benefit and high point, though my preference changed and I like the .. .meaty... grip feel of Glocks.

Wish any of my Glocks had as nice of a trigger, out of the box, as my SR9c had.

WVMountaineer

If I recall, it was the slide. Don't quote me on that though. However, It never fails. Never on this forum anyways. Bring up a thread about a pistol that doesn't cost $600 being a good value for the consumer and, you get somebody that tries to detract from the gun by comparing it to one that does.

God Bless men and good night

wild cat mccane

No. It was the grip. It is not thinner than a Glock. Check out his SR9 review. About every review ends up mentioning how thin it is. It just isn't so.

At 100 dollars difference from all the comp (Walther, Glock, S&W...) I don't think price makes it that special.

Homerboy

What makes the SR9 better to ME over a Glock is not only the feel of the gun, which does feel better in my hands than a Glock(and I've owned a few Glocks), but the manual safety and may disconnect, which I look for in a semi auto, and the stellar customer service that Ruger offers. I know a guy who had a GP100 that needed some work. Gun was 20 years old. Not only did Ruger do the work free of charge, including shipping, but they reblued the gun for free, too.

subhuman

I have owned 4 Glocks and as far as I'm concerned the Ruger is a better feeling and shooting pistol than any of them. Both of my SRs came out of the box with a better trigger than my Ghost Evo connector and spring modified Glocks had and about $150-200 cheaper than the built Glocks. I figure anyone who bad mouths the SR either has not shot one or they have a case of sour grapes because the SR shot rings around their more expensive pistol and hurt their pride :D

ritepath

Glockers will badmouth anything. "you're going to die using a gun with a manual safety" or "that's not a glock, so it's not really a gun" or "only glocks are reliable"

So of course you've got to understand when they lump ruger in with Hipoint and keltec and say they're cheap junk.

The truth doesn't matter to them...only marketing.

WVMountaineer

Wildcat, you had better go watch that video again. The Ruger is thinner at the slide by a miniscule amount. Thicker at the thickest part of the frame, and considerably thinner through the grip. As you said, caliper proven.

Never fails.