Another sigma thread!

SpookBoy

Well i've been looking into sigma's, and I need some input on the various makes by some owners.What im refering to is the 40f, 40c,9ve, etc.,etc.Also the sw380 ,just some reviews from shooters please(no sigma bashers).Whats the difference in the quality between the models?Is there one mod that you prefer over another?As always any info is appreciated.

SW40F

SW40F - 1st generation
SW40V - 2nd generation
SW40VE - 3rd generation

SW9F, SW9F & SW9VE follow the same history

I bought a 1st generation when it was first introduced. I sent it back to S&W for some work after it developed a rash of light primer hits. They reworked (or replace the striker, I forget which) and it came back fully functional. No more problems. The last time I took it to the range I fired the required courses for a Concealed License, and it didn't miss a beat. I was, of course, the only person there with a Sigma, so it (and I) got a few glances... :D

I think it looks good, in a functional way. It doesn't pretend to be anything other than a pistol.

I love the grip feel and the magazine capacity.

I don't pay any attention to recoil, so I can say it's not bad.

I really don't mind the trigger, which feels similar to the long, heavy DA pull of my SW Model 442.

On the subject of 'quality between the models' S&W made some engineering tweaks with each model, so newer might be better. Others will add on soon.

snail

I had a 40VE for about a year. I carried it as my duty weapon(security). It got rained on, bumped into counters, and it would get condensation on it from going in/out side alot. I can say that its quality was top notch. I would inspect/relube every week, and I never had a rust problem. It was just as reliable as any other gun. I never had any problems while shooting. The recoil was much more pronounced in the 40VE than in the Glock 22 I replaced it with. I don't know why the Sigma had more felt recoil, but it did. The trigger just plain sucks. While I had it I just got used to it, but now that I have moved on I'll never go back. Overall I would give it a 7 out of 10, and a definate bargain due to its price.

Elvishead

Good gun, good grip, good shooter, good reliability, Ok trigger. 3000+ though mt 9VE.

It's still like new.

I wouldn't take any head shots with it beyond 7 Yards though. It's a center mass shooter IMHO.

Te Anau

My SW9VE feels like a dream and shoots like one as well.Naysayers who whine about its trigger just dont know how to shoot and think everything out there should have a 2lb trigger.:p

Perldog007

With only a rental session with the pattern, have to agree with Te Anau.

Heavy yes, unmanageable no. Good idea for intended operators? Yup. If you gots to have a pistol and you are a shoot when I have to cop, security guard, or a home defender with a limited training and practice budget.... From what I have experienced - the sigma looks like a good place to be.