Another Ruger .22 Pistol followed me home today (MKII)

rantingredneck

I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Ruger fan. Have been since I bought my first handgun 15 years ago. It was a Ruger, that I sadly no longer own, and I'm currently well into double digits of Ruger products, with several more having come into and out of my possession over the intervening years.

Last week I scored an older MKI Target model with some finish issues for 160.00 OTD at the local Pawn shop. Thread and range report on that one here.

It got me thinking about all the other MK I's and II's out there that need to come home with me :). So today my 5 year old son and I took a road trip in search of the next .22 to join the family.

I at first thought about going to the gunshow in Raleigh, but it's a little too crowded and too busy for me and the boy to have fun. I figured it would be better to hit some of the gun and pawn shops in the area and see what I could find.

So after hitting 4 or 5 shops we went to the biggest of the LGS's that I tend to frequent regularly. They keep an online inventory of used guns in stock and no MKI's or II's were listed though it hadn't been updated this week. On the off chance that they'd picked up something neat in trade recently we stopped in there last.

Ta-da!:

DSC03897.jpg

DSC03898.jpg

DSC03899.jpg

MK II Target, 5.5" Bull barrel, Williams Firesights, wood grips with thumbrest.

Got a really good price on it too :)

JohnRaven

Wow, that is an insanely awesome deal... I paid $275 for an almost Mint 5'' standard Mark I, came with 2 steel factory mags...

$275 was a deal! I can't imagine finding a bull barrel like that for $160!! They might as well have given it away!

Pilot

I have two just like that. Love the MK II. One is modded with Volquarsten internals and a thumbrest grip, the other is box stock. Good find. MK II's are getting harder to find as people prefer them over the new MK III.