Another question on CZ75B

DBski

I am a little confused on the cz75b, I thouhgt the 75b is a traditional DA/SA, that is after racking the slide and a round is chambered the trigger comes back to a fully uncocked position. is this true or does it came to a half cocked position? I am looking at the CZ website and interested in the 75b does it worked like let's say the Ruger P89 with a safety? your information would be helpfull for my next purchase.

rellascout

The CZ 75B is DA/SA pistol but it does not have a decocking lever.

It also has a safety that allows it to be carried cocked and locked.

In many ways you get the best of both worlds.

HiltonFarmer

You also have a half cock position on the 75B. The 75BD is the decocking model.

Great pistol. You won't go wrong if you choose this one!

HiltonFarmer

Silent Bob

Though it must be noted that in order to carry the CZ-75B in double-action mode, the act of carefully, manually lowering the hammer on a loaded round will be necessary. Something to definitely keep in mind.

chris in va

The 75B has three hammer positions. When you rack the slide, the hammer will be fully cocked back, just like a 1911. Trigger will be in SA mode.

It also has a half cock position. Without the decocker model, you'll have to manually drop the hammer with trigger pulled to do this, or pull it back with your fingers from full down. The trigger has a halfway pull length, DA mode.

Then there's fully down on the firing pin. It has a firing pin block and won't discharge without the trigger being pulled. The trigger will be full forward DA pull like a revolver.

DBski

Thanks for all the info. It is then similar to an EAA Pistol. I think I'd like to go with the BD then.