Another Poll on guns locked in cars, this one more targeted

Does the proposed "guns in cars" florida law violate property rights? (details below)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Garand Illusion

This has already been extremely well covered in 2 other threads, so PLEASE post no debates here. There are ongoing debates, already redundant, at:

FL and bringing guns to work...

and

Guns to work?

I'll post no debating points either. This is a simple question, hopefully written up in a non-biased fashion that targets the very specific Florida law.

Question: A new law in Florida would force employers to allow employees who have a CCW to leave loaded guns locked up in their cars even if that car is on the company's private property. Does this violate the rights of those private property owners/employers? Yes or No?

Again ... no debates here, please. And for some history, there are good posts for both sides on the links listed.

I'm hoping this won't get closed out as a redundant threads, as there is already a similar poll. But as has been said in that thread, some weren't voting on that poll because the question was rather general. This is a targeted poll on a specific law.

And BTW -- your name will appear next to your vote on this poll.

Garand Illusion

Might be interesting to post an anonymous poll, but I think we're pushing our luck with three related threads as it is.

Yeah ... I set up this poll to post names, but I can't see that it is. And your poll looks to me (my user anyway) to be anonymous as well.

So maybe we both posted anonymous polls without meaning to?:confused:

STAGE 2

I'm not quite sure what the point of this is. Here at TFL, the no votes are going to win. Over at Iamabusinessowner.com the yes votes would win.

Are you suggesting that we determine rights based on popular vote?

smenkhare

i say yes. and that it may also allow the employee to violate the employment contract.

but i'm not exactly an expert on floridian law.

Garand Illusion

This closes out tomorrow morning. Today is you last chance to vote ... take a look at the mentioned threads for the detailed debate that has taken place.