another "perfect" upland gun

Kingcreek

I've recently had a chance to handle a larger than average selection of sporting shotguns and I think I have met the next "perfect" upland gun.
It's a Berretta 391 Urika 20g with a 26" barrel. very sweet, fast, and light. I can go up to 3" as needed and switch to my 390 12g for late season pheasants when more punch is required.
The gun budget is a little lean right now but I'll find a way. just have to figure out what to sell.

Dave McC

Staff In Memoriam
KC, for decades I'd buy a gun, mess with it for a while, then sell same and get something else. These days, the only guns I sell are those that don't work. There's a dozen guns out there someplace I never should have let go of...

Get that 391 20 if you want, just don't sell anything to do so. If you have to wait a bit for it, so be it.

PJR

It's a sweet little shotgun to be sure. One of the guys at our local club bought one for his young son and it's a trim, light, delightful gun.

If it weren't for a fixation with breaking guns, I'd have one in my gun safe for sure. If Beretta ever made this gun in 28 gauge I'd be first in line.

Paul

Yup---that's a nice gun alright------I liked the youth model even better----even though the stock is just a touch too small.

The 24in barrel and shorter stock seemed very light and handy---too bad I dropped a bundle on 20ga 687 last year----otherwise I'd have a reason to get one.

HSMITH

I recently shot one as well. What a nice shotgun!!!!! It handled superbly, and hit most everything for me. I shoot a Browning Gold Hunter 20, and liked the Beretta very nearly as well. If the Beretta had the speed load feature it would almost be a dead heat.

The 391 20ga had a hard time with light loads, as in 7/8 oz @1050 FPS, but had less than a case through it when I shot it so I expect it will loosen up some with more use. My BGH will eat loads of 3/4 oz @1050 for comparison, but it also has many many cases through it. Light loads are not a factor for a hunting gun anyway, if your focus is hunting it will be reliable right out of the box.