Another Pawn Shop find!

highpower3006

I picked this up at my local Pawn Shop, AKA enabler, a couple of weeks ago. I happened to mention that I was looking for a Gen2 G19 and the sales guy pulled this one out of the back. The story is that it came from a retired Florida LEO.

This is a very early Gen2 with a barrel proof date of June 1988. For reference, the first G19's imported into the US were in April of that year.

IMG_0950_Fotor-X2.jpg

It does have some holster wear, but the wear on the slide appears to be mostly from moving around in the box as the grip area still looks new. Inside it looks basically new also with it's original internal parts.
IMG_0905_Fotor-XL.jpg

IMG_0908_Fotor-XL.jpg

Beauty_qloh_Fotor_Fotor-XL.jpg

I took it out back and ran a few rounds through it to verify function and as expected, it shoots flawlessly. I don't know if this will go into my carry rotation as I almost always carry either my G48 or G19x, but it is always nice to have a spare just in case.

Last edited:

JohnKSa

Administrator
Neat gun!

Take off the slide and look at the firing pin lug. If the firing pin is black instead of shiny silver metal, it needs an upgrade from Glock.

smee78

I got a gen 2 G19, it was bought used and was my first centerfire pistol purchase. I put many thousands of rounds through it and carried it for years before I retired it. Congrats on the "new" addition.