Another noobie

txinvestigator

Hello all, just wanted to say hi. I live near Dallas,TX, served as a LEO in a medium sized S. Texas city for ten years, and am a current PI, Personal Protection Officer (EP) and firearms trainer.

I hold a LE instructors certification, and Firearms and Classroom Instructors License for Security Officers, as well as a CHL instructors cert. I teach some in Dallas.

I try to go to at least 4 training schools a year. I have been doing most with TFTT in the last year and a half or so.

My Dad was LE, and I started shooting at about 12 YOA. Started on revolvers and shotguns (still have and love a S&W model 10) and transitioned to semi-autos in '88 on the PD with a Beretta 92FS. Have owned S&W model 36, Beretta 86, HK USP 40 compact, and Walther PPK/S.

In '03 I purchased my first 1911, a Kimber Custom CDP. I am now a certified 1911 freak. lol I always carry.

I was never interested in rifles until last year, when I caught that fatal bug. I own a RRA AR flat top with a collapsable stock, Eotech with GG&G A2 style flip up site. If anyone is interested I can post pics

Deciding what to buy next.

After lurking for a bit this seems like a great site. I am looking forward to learning a lot, and hopefully I can contribute somewhat.