Another Heinie sight question, bear with me. :)

Cedric

What does the daytime sight picture of a set of Straight Eights look like? The Heinie site shows them nice and glowing, but I know you're not going to see that during the day.

I like a bar-dot sight setup, and am looking ahead for sights for a new carry pistol. Are the dots very visable during the day, or is it more like "plain" black sights (considering they don't have white rings)? It seems plain sights might be hard to acquire on a dark target...

I know a LOT of people recommend the Heinies, and in particular the straight eight. Any input, or pictures of daytime sight pictures? I have never seen a set in person... :(

Thanks everyone.

Regards,
Cedric

Oh, and I've already searched far and wide through this and a few other forums, so bear with me.. :)

SAWBONES

Hi Cedric;
In daylight, they're just about like plain black Bo-Mar sights.
The tritium vials are unobtrusive, being smaller in diameter than those used by Trijicon or Meprolight for their 3-horizontal-dot" sights, even though the actual vials used by Heinie are made by Trijicon.
Also, there are no "white rings" around the vials, so there is only the thin silver rim of the enclosing vial seen, which doesn't stand out in daylight.
Best.

Jack Carson

I really like mine...

My wife bought me a set of Heinie Straight Eights for my birthday last year. In low light they are VERY quick to pick up. In full light the front sight may be slightly easier to pick up on a dark target. They are faster (for me) than black on black. I think I shoot better groups with black on black in full light but I am pretty sure I am faster with the Heinies.

Take that for what it's worth.
Regards, jack