Another gunshow thread!

chris in va

Went to the one in Louisville today. Lots of people mulling around and gawking, didn't look to be panic buying like it was last time.

Plenty of ammo, at seriously ridiculous prices. No real shortage of 380 that I could see. 22 was on short supply though with the majority left on the tables being Aguila and Wolf.

Actually got to see a real box of large pistol primers. Several actually. Reloading components everywhere.

spodwo

All my gun shops say we are definitely on the back slope of the "crazy" buying. Walmart here has seen 9, 45, 380, 40 in relatively accessible numbers. I got pistol primers 4 weeks ago and a couple of pounds of powder. I have also seen a lot of "gently used" AR15s wind up back in stores for sale...like I didn't see that happening!

"but honey - it will appraise in value!"

d'Oh!

I think ammo prices at gunshows are going to take a LOT longer to come back to reasonable levels than the ammo at your local Wally World or gunstore.

RockyTop

I attended a show yesterday in VA and it seemed to be well attended. I didn't arrive til about 12:30, but there was still a steady stream of people inside.

Gun prices looked to be about the same as they were when I attended a show back in March. Some dealers were reasonable while others were $50 - $70 higher on the exact same gun.

The most memorable part of the show though was when some yahoo negligently discharged an HK 308 on the floor. Right afterwards you could hear a pin drop in there, but within seconds a couple of troopers and then a couple of local LEO's had swarmed that section. Luckily no one was injured, but it did leave a nice hole in the concrete and got everyone's attention.

Wobble

Yeah, I too went to a gun show in the Atlanta area on Saturday and it was quite different from the same show in April -- there were a number of vendors who had good supplies of ammo. In April, there was only one vendor -- essentially a reloader.

Prices weren't great, but at least you could get if you wanted it. My local gun stores also seem to be getting ammo stock more often.